I'm getting "banished to death" mood debuffs for some reason

Started by TeriyakiDynamite, November 17, 2018, 12:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeriyakiDynamite

So I sent out a caravan of 3 luciferium enhanced goons with space marine armor and legendary weapons to take a nearby item stash.  They had food, medicine, even sleeping bags for the journey.  Unfortunately the combat at the item stash went.......uh......poorly, and they got massacred by 14 manhunting ibexs (still salty about it, more on that later).  And now, despite the fact that I feel like they were equipped perfectly well for their journey and task, my colonists are suffering "banished to death x3" mood debuffs.  I don't really understand why.

Which leads me into my next question, I'm using Randy Random (all praise be unto Him) so I'm wondering if this was actually one of those "challenges I probably shouldn't take" missions or if I'm just the god of unlucky space marines.  The combat started off with my long range guy holding a legendary assault rifle and with aim boosts from luciferium and a motherloving archotech eye missing all 3 shots from all 3 bursts against every charging ibex.  Then, once they closed the distance of my close range fighters (one having a legendary combat shotty and power claws on both hands, the other holding an excellent plasteel longsword) my guy with the longsword got his leg ripped clean off his body in the first few seconds through excellent quality marine armor.  The rest is history, they got clobbered to death.  So that's my other question, am I bad or unlucky?

Levache

Next time bring some Go-Juice maybe. Manhunters can be difficult when you aren't able to melee block them at a choke point.

I think once all three of your guys are downed, it automatically closes the event map, which is why it counts the three guys as abandoned.