[Mod Request] Old Flake Texture

Started by Strudel, November 18, 2018, 02:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strudel

Hello everyone, I last played RimWorld at Alpha 17 and have recently picked it back up and started loving on 1.0, I noticed that the flake pipe has been changed to what looks like a reskinned darker yayo texture, the older pipe looking texture was more aesthetic for my colony of flake fiends, does anyone have a solution to get that old texture back? I would be very grateful for the help  ;D

RDMJoker

Hello there, i assume you mean this texture? It's taken from the A17 core textures:

If I am not mistaken it is the same texture right now.

If you mean a different texture please tell me so.
I could make you a mod for it.

Greetings
RDMJoker
For glory and mankind!
Check out my Mod Update Megathread if you have request for mod updates, patches, translations or mods.

Strudel

Quote from: RDMJoker on November 19, 2018, 09:33:09 AM
Hello there, i assume you mean this texture? It's taken from the A17 core textures:

If I am not mistaken it is the same texture right now.

If you mean a different texture please tell me so.
I could make you a mod for it.

Greetings
RDMJoker

Yeah that's it, I'm confused, the RimWorld wiki shows that texture and you said that it should be the default texture, but this one in my screenshot is a what I have, I disabled my mods and got that from a vanilla launch.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Strudel

So I opened the flake .xml and (I'm not an expert or really have any idea what I'm doing) it looks like for some reason it's using the yayo texture if I'm reading this right, I have no idea how that happened. I guess that clears it up and I'm not going crazy. maybe I should just reinstall the game.

[attachment deleted due to age]

RDMJoker

Okay I just checked ingame aswell. It seems like the texture on the RimWorld wiki is outdated.

What you say makes sense actually. Since there is now flake texture in the game anymore. I just checked the current 1.0 assets. It got replaced with the yoyo texture.

I'm going to create a patch for you and upload it. I'm going to link to the upload once it is finished in my Mod Megathread:

If you have any more requests or questions, feel free to drop them there. It's  a thread meant for requesting mod updates, patches, translations aswell as requesting mods that I will try to make. More information is in the linked post!

For glory and mankind!
Check out my Mod Update Megathread if you have request for mod updates, patches, translations or mods.

Strudel

Quote from: RDMJoker on November 19, 2018, 12:31:10 PM
Okay I just checked ingame aswell. It seems like the texture on the RimWorld wiki is outdated.

What you say makes sense actually. Since there is now flake texture in the game anymore. I just checked the current 1.0 assets. It got replaced with the yoyo texture.

I'm going to create a patch for you and upload it. I'm going to link to the upload once it is finished in my Mod Megathread:

If you have any more requests or questions, feel free to drop them there. It's  a thread meant for requesting mod updates, patches, translations aswell as requesting mods that I will try to make. More information is in the linked post!

Thanks a million man, I thought I was just going crazy, I wonder if it was just an accident.

RDMJoker

Here you go: OldFlakeTexture by RDMJoker

Gonna update my Mod Megathread as soon as I have my own Mod Release Page for it, maybe someone else wants it ^^

Load Order doesn't matter. Created it with a Patch Operation. Should be compatible with everything that doesn't change the texture of Flake.

Have fun!  :)
For glory and mankind!

Strudel

Quote from: RDMJoker on November 19, 2018, 01:15:36 PM
Here you go: OldFlakeTexture by RDMJoker

Gonna update my Mod Megathread as soon as I have my own Mod Release Page for it, maybe someone else wants it ^^

Load Order doesn't matter. Created it with a Patch Operation. Should be compatible with everything that doesn't change the texture of Flake.

Have fun!  :)

Seems to be working flawlessly, thank you so much :D

RDMJoker

No problem! Again, make sure to stop by my Mod Megathread if you have any more requests!

Cheers  8)
For glory and mankind!