Trading/caravan display sort by apparel item type (pants, T-shirt, bowler, etc)

Started by threephi, November 17, 2018, 01:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threephi

Hello,

This is something I was very surprised isn't currently possible.

It is extremely common to get a trade request mission such as "sell 58 normal T-shirts". 

When it comes time to load up a caravan and complete the mission however, it is not possible to sort your item list so all the T-shirts are together so they can be loaded quickly.  Sorting by category puts all the apparel together, but does not sort by individual garment type.  Sorting by name indexes by material (Alpaca wool, Cotton, Muffalo fur, etc) since those are the first words in the item's displayed name.

It is very inconvenient and annoying to have to pore through an extensive list of objects and pick out dozens of items this way.

I hope this will be a relatively simple fix to implement, and will be given consideration for inclusion soon.

Thanks,

threephi

pllovervoltage

Yeah, it would be nice if sorting by category>category would group the different types of clothing. However, a workaround for this is by sorting by category>mass. Each clothing type has a different mass so it should do more or less of what you want.

threephi

Thanks, that's a great workaround I hadn't thought of.  It's useful for many items but not all as some have the same weights.  FWIW category > category as you describe wouldn't quite do it either as what is needed is the ability to sort individual items by quality as well.