Rimworld 1v1 multiplayer mode

Started by pug_power, November 18, 2018, 10:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pug_power

So i was thinking about how rimworld was a great game i want to share with my friends, but cant play it with them since

rimworld is a strictly singleplayer game so that gave me an idea of rimworld 1v1 mode. So the way 1v1 mode would work

is so there would be like a fight mode where the server would be open at a specific time (interchangeable to what time

the players want) every day for 1 hour then people would start in one single HUGE map and start on 1 corner would be

1 player and on the opposite corner another they would fight until one colony was defeated. (defeated being everone

was dead) they would get equal gear and you could pick the characters from 8 random people (they each get to pick

from the same group this meaning there may be two of the same characters on the map)

This would be a great addition to rimworld this is my first post on the forums and ive Love rimworld and this would

make the game even better than it is

cosmic alpaca

Your idea would be VERY unbalanced, it would be better (and playable) if:
-A settlement was given to both players, with the same map with the same research in order to have the same resources and craft apparel, armor and weapons
-Colonists would not have hunger, joy or mood needs to make things easier
-When 5 days have passed, one attacks the other, the final battle! OR a huge map is created and the pawns will have the final battle!

however, all of this is hard to do, and, you know, rimworld is "finished" and nothing is guaranteed. it's more possible that someone makes a mod about it
please, do not ask about my user name and profile pic

Kirby23590

I dunno how will this work with different type of Factions like the New Arrivals (Standard Rimworld Scenario) or the New Tribe (Tribal Faction)...

It would kind of be fair since the Tribals have low technology and have bows and spears, but they have the numbers advantage along with others who are focused in melee.

Though the Colonists should have better armor and gear alongside with building turrets while the Tribals have tamed animals with them and are trained as well...

Don't know about modded factions like the Playable Outlanders though or if you could play as Pirates in that mode with different strengths and weaknesses along with the starting research and weapons and gear they got.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.