More Event Types

Started by Psycoris, November 21, 2018, 12:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycoris

Love the game. 
After 250 hours in the game i feel a lack of diversity in the events.  Sorry if this has been suggested before didn't see anything on the first page of a search on the forums.

First is adjust raids to have an objective and break them into groups. Raids with no purpose give the feel of pointless challenge.
Flavor text is key here as well and adds to the story telling element.  I am personally not much a fan of the kill-box strategy and would like to see strategic raids compared to overwhelming attrition mob raids.

Raid Hostel: Standard default raid we don't like you and want to eliminate you. Mechanoid raids fall in this group and seem to be targeted at eliminating humanity.

Raid Sabotage: Could be a from any faction, including neutral or allied factions.  The goal of the raiders is to disable a piece or group of buildings,  adding some flavor text to each of the sabotage events.
Example: If a colony has been selling off weapons to traders it may be cutting into the bottom line of another faction.  A crew enters the map possibly disguised as wanders passing through, and attempt to take the shortest route to destroying a Machining Bench or stealing as much steal as possible.

Raid Hardship:  Raiders would prioritize colony animals, crops, stealing resources, kidnapping colonists. could be paired with a siege event for extra difficulty to break down walls.  Once the objective has been completed or enemies routed they flee or escape.  X faction has stolen x amount of resource and is attempting to escape.

Cannibal Raid:  Group of pawns enter and steal corpses and if none are available "Shoot to kill" to bring home fresh meat.

Neutral events that could swing either direction.
Tribal hunters/Gathers :  Tribal faction enters the map and attempts to hunt the local game or harvesting wild berries and trees.  Add a social interaction option to one of the pawns to convince to leave peacefully potentially even using bribes.

Mining Group several tiers:  This is potentially a counter to leaving meteorites and visible valuable mining resources unmined to keep raid groups smaller.  Faction of any relationship would enter the map and target a location to mine.  Low tier low value resources and scaling upwards. Later stages dropping a Deep core mining set up with defenses to strip mine an area.  Event ends after they have acquired what they can haul, social negotiation, bribe, or hostility (gaining or losing relationship).

Grave Robbing:  A couple pawns enter the map and dig up graves and steal corpses or strip them for their gear and clothing.  if successful a colony wide mood debuff for Defiled Grave.

Side note for the visitors, and traders give the option to recruit instead of only having the attempt arrest. ( I think the popular hospitality mod somewhat addresses this although I havn't had a chance to give that a run through yet.)

I know these wouldn't be exactly simple to implement as this has complications AI functionality, pathing priorities and whatnot coding jargon.
I am welcome to any enlightenment or expansions on the ideas.

Kirby23590

Hello!! There some stuff, i would like to say.

What is a Raid Hoste? We already have raids that does what hostel does and hardship does if you are not careful.

Raid sabotage would not be fun in some parts but if well done, it could be a nasty suprise and a interesting challenge if you know who the saboteur is... my take is that the saboteur will appear alongside a friendly caravan of a faction such as outlanders most of the time since we are dealing with pirates or even rough outlanders or the saboteur is hiding in a group of friendly visitors.

Once time has passed the saboteur reveals his or her true colors and runs into your comms console or your batteries and disables them and her or his faction then starts raiding you since he or she turned off the power!, also the friendly trader caravan will attempt to stop him or her. If you are lucky, you can stop him or her before she or he turns off your power of your security turrets or turns your orbital trade beacon to a place where the raid transport pods will come from.

some of them are interesting like the cannibal raids and the grave robbing event

I would like to point out though that kill-box strategy is not much reliable since you are putting steel to replace it's turrets or uranium if you are using slug turrets. I also don't like kill-boxes & don't use them BTW.

Well i also kind of want Refugee chased variants like instead of raids coming from an enemy faction why not something else? like..

Refugee chased by a Manhunter Pack
Self-explanatory, instead of a raid from a group of pirates or a tribesmen, instead you're letting in a manhunter pack of yorkshire terriers or fennec foxes.

Or

Fugitive chased by a friendly Faction
Instead of a Refugee it's a Fugitive like a pirate or a thief you're letting in. But the catch is you're either bringing him or her to safety from a faction that you're neutral or allied to...

If you let him in or her inside to the safety of your colony walsl, You will loose a lot of goodwill and they just leave off or if it's a savage tribe or a rough outlander union, instead they become hostile immedately and start attacking you...

Also if you ingnore the message of the Fugitive, instead of screaming in the message it will say instead.
QuoteUrist starts to repeat himself until realizing that you're ignoring his message, he then started hurling curse words and epithets into the radio before it cuts off...

That's all i wrote... ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.