[1.3] [KV] In-Game Definition Editor [ModSync-RW]

Started by Kiame, November 19, 2018, 12:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Updated for 1.1 - https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-ingamedefeditor/releases/download/1.1/InGameDefEditor.zip

I'm sure i've missed something here and there. If there are any issues please let me know!

Changes:
- I've decided to add a setting "Auto Apply Settings" on every def. Defaults to false. As a def's fields are changed they will be applied to the game. The setting will _not_ be applied when the game is re-started. I decided this was a better way to keep track which mods are edited and being set on game load.

- The selected Def will be remembered between the Editor being closed then reopened. (makes editing the same def then testing easier)

- Default button to open In-Game editor is now [ left bracket as steam's screenshot button is dumbly F10 by default (hey valve there's such a thing as Prt Scr!)

Kiame

WARNING:
I'm re-plumbing this mod. It's possible that settings will be lost. I am sorry about this and I will try to mitigate it as much as possible. Try to keep track of the defs that have been modified.

The next release will be out in a day or two.

Kiame

Update:
Re-wrote a good chunk of underlying code to make this mod more maintainable. I've verified that existing settings should load just fine! (woohoo!)

The "Disabled Defs" and "Auto Apply Def" buttons on the top right work now - if you select an item under them, that item will be loaded to be edited.

Let me know if there's anything that seems wrong.

Kiame

Update:
- Fixing an issue where projectile data was not saving when edited from the weapons page
- Fixing an issue where defs were not getting automatically applied due to something in the load order not loading correctly (this does happen and doesnt seem to hurt anything; will keep watching this) -- i've added more Warning messages to the logs to help monitor
- Items with the same label will be easier to tell apart as their defName will now be appended to their label

Kiame

Update:
- Added the ability to modify Hediff Defs
- Fixing +/- Apparel/Weapon Base Modifiers

Kiame

Update:
Added support for adding/removing tags for apparel

Kiame

Update:
Added a filter text field to the right of Defs selection. Typing into that prior to selecting defs will filter the resulting selecting items and only show results that contain the filtered text.

thejogger1998

This mod is so awesome, its a golden tool for dummies without any knowledge about coding like me. Developers should have made this in their games, like map editor from Warcraft 3 back in the day.

But I have some question regarding its usage.

I dont really understand what you said about this mod remembering stuff. But would the changes I made from one save game affect the others ? Like I edited a trait in one of my save would this trait  also changed in the save of my brother using the same computer ? And what would happen if I uninstall the mod without change these edited traits back to default would these traits break the game ?

And can I create new traits through this mod ? Will there be this option in the future ?

Thanks

Kiame

Changes made with this mod will effect all saves.

All changes made with this mod will go away if this mod is disabled. If the mod is re-enabled all changes will be reapplied.

There is no way to create new defs with this mod.

Kiame

Update:
Added "Resources" to be selected. This include stones, metals, hides, and furs.

Kiame

Updated for 1.3 - Direct Download
Along with this update there's a new def group "Plant"

Kiame

Update v1.3.2.0:
Removed sound from the plant stuff. Verified changing Harvest Yield and saving now correctly loads and allows trees to be cut down.