[1.0] DocWorld

Started by Dr_Zhivago, November 19, 2018, 02:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr_Zhivago

A patch mod for fixing Vanilla RimWorld, and associated mods, in my own vision. Check out the links and code below.
Not save-friendly if currently using Dubs Bad Hygiene AND RF Fertile Fields. Either mod alone is fine.

For a brief overview, the "Patches" folder has every patch named after the two mods/categories that are modified. The basics are: mod moves items to new tabs and organizes layout, balances some recipes for various items, enhances minaturisation abilities, improves inter-mod compatability.

v1.0 Downloads
New Link

Credits:
    Lanilor- for helping me learn xpath patching on the Discord.
    Mehni- for his time and patience on the Discord.
    NotFood- for showing the way of the dragon.
    Yehn- for helping with xml codes on the Discord.

Canute

Dr_Zhivago,
let me suggest that you add the changelog.txt at your posting, just put it into [ code] so it is easyer to read.
So people geting a clue about that mod, without opening other websites first.

Asero

Quote from: Canute on November 19, 2018, 02:49:13 AM
Dr_Zhivago, let me suggest that you add the changelog.txt at your posting, just put it into [ code] so it is easyer to read.
So people geting a clue about that mod, without opening other websites first.

Agreed. Went to both links and still don't have a clue, much less find any changelogs in the process.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Asero on November 19, 2018, 03:00:28 AM
Agreed. Went to both links and still don't have a clue, much less find any changelogs in the process.

Copy that, I'll do it now.

Dr_Zhivago

Mod Updated for the second release, notes posted in code above.

HSneak

What would be the way to add this mod in a game where Dub Bad Hygiene is loaded ?

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: HSneak on November 27, 2018, 02:49:44 AM
What would be the way to add this mod in a game where Dub Bad Hygiene is loaded ?

If it is an on-going game it will break it with Dubs Bad Hygiene. Otherwise, mod load order should not matter. If you do happen to run into an issue, put it at the bottom. It's super lightweight and only patches the mods you have installed, and that it's coded to patch.

Aka: Not save friendly with Dubs Bad Hygiene, load anywhere.

HSneak

QuoteAka: Not save friendly with Dubs Bad Hygiene, load anywhere.

I got that, so I guess there's no "patching around" to do in order to make it save friendly ? something like perhaps deleting all Dubs items in an ongoing game then re-installing them ? or perhaps just skip the Dubs patches (like deleting the files for it) ? can this work ?? (thx for the fast answer btw :) )

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: HSneak on November 27, 2018, 03:18:06 AM
QuoteAka: Not save friendly with Dubs Bad Hygiene, load anywhere.

I got that, so I guess there's no "patching around" to do in order to make it save friendly ? something like perhaps deleting all Dubs items in an ongoing game then re-installing them ? or perhaps just skip the Dubs patches (like deleting the files for it) ? can this work ?? (thx for the fast answer btw :) )

Well I specifically remove items from Dubs Bad Hygiene that I find redundant with RF Fertile Fields... However I may be able to do it in a save-friendly way. I will get back to you on that. It might actually be an easy thing. However then it would not be save friendly if you use "Dubs Bad Hygiene" AND "RF Fertile Fields".

If you do it in your method then it would be save-friendly. You just need to remove the items ingame that I remove with the patch. So that would mostly be composting items. Infact it might only be composter items.

HSneak

I'm a lil' lost, should I delete "Compost Barrel" (from RF I think), or something from Dubs ? or perhaps wait a more save friendly version of your mod ??

Whatever it is, thx for your time ^^

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: HSneak on November 27, 2018, 04:57:42 AM
I'm a lil' lost, should I delete "Compost Barrel" (from RF I think), or something from Dubs ? or perhaps wait a more save friendly version of your mod ??

Whatever it is, thx for your time ^^

For now if you want it to be save-friendly with Dubs Bad Hygiene, go into the "Patches" folder and hide or delete the "DubsBadHygiene_PersonalPreferences.xml" file. Then you can replace it with the file attached to my comment. We will call this a temporary fix, until I work out some kinks. You do not have to remove anything in-game with this file.

When I do complete the fixed patch, it will probably continue to break saves, if the biosolids and composter from "Dubs Bad Hygiene" are used. However I'm aiming to make it so it will only break a save IF you use "Dubs Bad Hygiene" AND "RF Fertile Fields". Currently it'll break saves IF you use "Dubs Bad Hygiene". This is because I find the Dub's composting redundant with RF Fertile Fields, so I've removed the composting elements (research, workgivers, buildings, etc...).

[attachment deleted due to age]

HSneak

Great !

I do use both of RF and Dubs, but only composting options from RF (still I researched Septic tanks from Dubs), anyway I'll stick to your temp fix for now.

Dr_Zhivago

Update pushed for a fix to some patches, previously generated error logs should now be resolved. Aside from the 4 generated from removing Dubs Hygiene items.

HSneak

If research is impossible with this mod while using Dubs AND RF is what you meant by "not save friendly" then please ignore this whole comment.

I noticed that either using the 1.0.3 with Tempfix you sent me or the new 1.0.4 blocks my research (no pawn does the job, and right-clicking the research table doesn't show the "cannot force it, it's a long term something"). Not loading the mod fixes the issue (even on a save that was made with it loaded).

My loaded mods for the info : https://pastebin.com/3q58ezVx (I suggest using the search feature of your browser to find X/Y mod).

If there's no problem for other people, then don't bother with this matter.

More details about this problem :

- Loaded 1.0.3 with temp fix, and played a while, saved many times.
- Updated to 1.0.4, played a little, ignored error messages about "Dubs composter jobs" (Fill and something else) and saved (the errors didn't occur again after saving & loading).
- Noticed there's no research.
- With 1.0.4, loaded a previous save (before installing DocWorld at all), no research.
- Tried the temp fix on 1.0.4 on the save made with 1.0.3, no research.
- Downgraded to 1.0.3 with temp fix and reloaded the save made with it, no research.
- While using the 1.0.3 with temp fix, reloaded a previous save made before installing DocWorld at all, no research.
- Removed the mod totally, research is available on all saves (even post DocWorld 1.0.3 fix & 1.0.4).

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: HSneak on November 29, 2018, 04:09:08 AM
I'm pretty.

Try this. Use the latest released version on GitHub. Go into  DocWorld/Patches/DubsBadHygiene_RFFertileFields.xml.
Find
<!--ResearchProjects_Hygiene-->
    <li Class="PatchOperationRemove">
    <xpath>/Defs/ResearchProjectDef[defName="SewageSludgeComposting"]</xpath>
    </li>
    <li Class="PatchOperationReplace">
    <xpath>/Defs/ResearchProjectDef[defName="WaterFiltration"]/prerequisites</xpath>
    <value>
    <prerequisites>
      <li>SepticTanks</li>
    </prerequisites>
    </value>
</li>

Delete that whole section of code. If that does not work, try this:

Delete the whole XML file "DubsBadHygiene_RFFertileFields.xml"

FYI I'm planning on releasing some newer updates soonish. Might like em.