Previous topic - Next topic

HSneak

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on November 29, 2018, 04:32:49 AM
Quote from: HSneak on November 29, 2018, 04:09:08 AM
I'm pretty.

Wut ? x)

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on November 29, 2018, 04:32:49 AM
Delete that whole section of code.

That worked, DocWorld 1.0.4, with the section deleted gives research back. For now everything seems fine = pawns do research & right-clicking the table shows the "impossible to force, long term etc..." (except the errors "Could not load reference to RimWorld.WorkGiverDef named UnloadComposter / FillComposter" which is normal I think, since your mod deletes the jobs for it. The errors disappear after saving & loading)

Thank you :-)

P.S : I'm no expert, but can't you just remove the objects from the mod and let research present, or add them to a "Redundant" hidden tab ? in order to keep save-friendliness (perhaps even for futur mods ?)

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: HSneak on November 29, 2018, 06:21:58 AM
P.S : I'm no expert, but can't your just remove the objects from the mod and let research present, or add them to a "Redundant" hidden tab ? in order to keep save-friendliness (perhaps even for futur mods ?)

The thing is, I'm removing more than just research with that XML. I'm removing all Dubs Hygiene related composting things. So if you ever used Dubs' soil, biosolids, composting, related research, etc... It'll potentially break your save. That's why if you delete that one XML, the patch becomes save-friendly. I just don't bother describing how to do it because it causes confusion. Easier to label it as "not save-friendly IF...". Maybe I'll get around to writing a brief tutorial on making it save-friendly. Because it's literally only that one XML that causes issues, and that's only IF you use the two mods, and only IF you used the composting functions.

Anywho. Update is out. Do the same thing I suggested previously if you want to use the new update.

HSneak

Great !

I just noticed the changelog "Vanilla beds require cloth to build." is this by default ?

Because there's Telkirs "T's Mods" (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4373.0) which already makes changes to beds (adds some and either make them [with vanilla] require cloth or not).

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: HSneak on November 29, 2018, 07:01:02 AM
I just noticed the changelog "Vanilla beds require cloth to build." is this by default ?

In Vanilla RimWorld you do not need cloth to build a bed. I was inspired by his mod to include cloth with this patch. I haven't added any bed types, so it's all still vanilla, but the recipe to make the bed changed to add cloth. However I am using "[sd] goodnight" beds myself, as I like the variety.

HSneak

Since your mod mainly makes changes ONLY IF another mod is loaded, I thought perhaps you should avoid gameplay mechanic changes from your mod alone (perhaps making all beds, vanilla and modded, require cloth IF "T-MoreBedsCloth" is loaded, or something like that), but it's up to you of course.

EDIT : "..in my own vision." I just re-read your mod description, so yeah, up to you.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: HSneak on November 29, 2018, 07:15:17 AM
Since your mod mainly makes changes ONLY IF another mod is loaded, I thought perhaps you should avoid gameplay mechanic changes

That's fair. I am trying to keep vanilla changes to a minimum. So far only vanilla changes are miniaturisation, tab organization, and cloth beds. I feel like cloth beds should be standard in vanilla because it seems silly to me that people sleep on just wood or just steel, for example. If you dislike any of the patches I make, you can always remove them. I'm trying to make them fairly modular. All you need to do is go into the "Patches" folder and find the patch you dislike. So in this case we could go to "Vanilla_ClothBeds" and delete that XML. I've tried to provide a short description of each patch at the top once it's opened, and name them intuitively, so that you can find what you want at a glance.

New Topic: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47165.0