[1.0] Save my ship launching to all white/not reloading/launching half a ship

Started by LOLCL, November 19, 2018, 03:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOLCL

Was very excited to try this mod, it seemed awesome.

Made 3 different ships to test this mod using dev mode, but when I tried to launch the ships, I noticed it launched to white. The game was still running fine (I could hear the game, click on things etc) but I was unable to see anything after the white.

I noticed on a later ship that I had an 'orbit' option, and upon pressing it, saw that only half of ship loaded (and this was without the roof).

Can someone please help me fix this? This mod is pretty crucial to a certain story I want to do and i've been stuck on this for a couple days.

LOLCL

Debug example: Exception ticking ShipInside_AirTank21145 (at (158, 0, 123)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.CompAirTank.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Exception ticking ShipInside_AirTank21142 (at (156, 0, 121)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.CompAirTank.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Canute

Hi,
i am curious, it looks like you allready know what mod cause the problems.
So why you don't report it to the mod topic and ask the mod author about it ?

These error's are about AirTank, so why you don't use the dev comman Destroy, destroy these AirTank, and rebuild them with the God mode.
Maybe this allready fix the problem.

LOLCL

This is my first time posting to the forums - do you know how I can do it for the most directly? I've asked the mod author on steam, I've posted on the reddit board, I've posted on the facebook groups - this is my last option honestly. But perhaps I'm not considering all of them. 

It's more than just the air tanks unfortunately - I posted that debug log as an example for things that're not appearing. I'd say more than 60% of my ship is missing, I can rebuild them in dev mode but it's pretty much slowed down/My colonists get exposed to the space elements.

I've thought about dev mode, but if you can see the ship I've made, it is fairly large (probably 100+ tiles) so, to recreate it would be annoying. This mod seems to work fine for other people.

Could it be because of the size of the ship?

Thank you for your help.

LOLCL

Pretty much the ship launched, but only 40% of it. The remainder is still on the planet.

Canute

Too bad you didn't say what mod you refer too. But i think i found it out because of the topic and saw your comment.
Mod auther offline for 27 days, maybe you can try the discord server he refer.
But, from the "Bugs and Known Problems "
QuoteQ: When starting the ship the screen turns white, otherwise no change.

A: Don't worry, it gets saved anyway. You will find it in the list of saved ships after restarting the game.

Or someone else here are more familar with that mod and can help out.

LOLCL

LOLCL

Quote from: LOLCL on November 19, 2018, 05:27:39 PM
I said the mod title right at the start of the post.

Thank you though, I will check out the discord link and see if it works.

The mod author on steam has been after that (the mod itself was updated on November 8th).

Here is the mod https://rim-world.com/save-our-ship-mod/