[MOD REQUEST] "Non-pacifict lacks weapon" alert

Started by 5thHorseman, November 20, 2018, 09:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thHorseman

It's one of the more annoying things for me that I tend to notice that everybody's dropped their weapons (for various stupid reasons) only when a raid shows up.

Ranged people are (generally) okay because I just set them to be hunters so I'll get the "Hunter lacks ranged weapon" alert. But there is no such alert for melee people or ranged people I don't want to set to hunters.

I'm sure reasons exist, but I can't think of a reason I wouldn't want everybody who is capable of carrying a weapon, to carry a weapon. It's so important in fact that I'd like an alert to that effect. "Non-pacifist lacks weapon" or something like that.

From what I can tell this would require code and that's beyond me, hence this request.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

nightarix

if i remember right, there's a notification in rimworld for "hunter lacks weapon"? so if you did manual work priorities and set every non-pacifist to have hunting as the lowest priority it would tell you who wasn't armed.

5thHorseman

Quote from: nightarix on November 24, 2018, 03:08:18 PM
if i remember right, there's a notification in rimworld for "hunter lacks weapon"? so if you did manual work priorities and set every non-pacifist to have hunting as the lowest priority it would tell you who wasn't armed.
Not quite true. If I set every non-pacifist as a hunter and gave them a *ranged* weapon I'd not get the alert. This is what I already do for ranged people.

The problem is, there is no alert for melee people.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.