exception error on pawns

Started by underdog223, November 22, 2018, 03:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

underdog223

so this is my (technically 2nd) first bug reporting post. so bear with me if i'm not doing it correctly. i've been getting these 2 strange errors that if left unchecked cause my HUD to disappear requiring me to reload a save. i am running a heavily modded game though. i can mitigate it if i find the pawn in question and manually assign it a task or draft it but this is becoming a bother. especially since this colony of mine has been around for a bit without any errors i couldn't fix by utilising the dev tool or just reloading. i've noticed it seems to swap around 3 pawns out of the 16 i have now and i've been wondering about what causes it. i've posted the errors i get in game and attached a log at the bottom. any help would be apreciated

Exception in JobDriver tick for pawn Layla driver=JobDriver_LayDown (toilIndex=2) driver.job=(LayDown (Job_5602937) A=Thing_Bed922618) lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_GetRest
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.AI.Job.ToString () <0x00018>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.StartJob_Patch1 (object,Verse.AI.Job,Verse.AI.JobCondition,Verse.AI.ThinkNode,bool,bool,Verse.ThinkTreeDef,System.Nullable`1<Verse.AI.JobTag>,bool) <0x000d9>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.CheckForJobOverride () <0x00178>
at RimWorld.Toils_LayDown/<LayDown>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__1 () <0x006c3>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () <0x004b0>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Exception ticking Layla (at (170, 0, 73)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.AI.Job.ToString () <0x00018>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.StartJob_Patch1 (object,Verse.AI.Job,Verse.AI.JobCondition,Verse.AI.ThinkNode,bool,bool,Verse.ThinkTreeDef,System.Nullable`1<Verse.AI.JobTag>,bool) <0x000d9>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.TryFindAndStartJob () <0x0024a>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.EndCurrentJob (Verse.AI.JobCondition,bool) <0x00497>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick () <0x00306>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x001f3>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x00487>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

https://git.io/fpReU

Canute

Hi,
i can't help you with that error. But when you look at the log, you notice alot of other error's show up.

You should rebuild your modlist from scratch.
You don't need to subscribe/activate Modcheck, that is a toolkit other modder include into their mods.
Only use mods for 1.0, try to avoid mods for B19. Never use B18 mod for 1.0 release.

Activate some mods, then check the log window if some error's show up.
Identify that mod that cause these errors, look for update or disable it and ask the mod author about it.
An error like
Config error in Gun_AL20_CP: has smeltProducts but has smeltable=false
you can ignore. It is annoying if you couldn't smelt these weapons but not gamebreaking.

Only when no error on rimworld startup show up, you got a good chance for a succesful gameplay without glitches or errors.

underdog223

after tinkering around a bit and trying various stuff, im starting to think something on the list is conflicting without the rimworld of magic mod... as for all those errors, that was me, ive narrowed down some of the offenders... now to find a solution. as for the b19/ 18 mods they arent active but prolly added since theyre in the modfolder. the part about being not smeltable i kinda understood from the code it keeps spewing out so i never tried smelting em. as for rearranging my modlist, do you have any good tips? it took me quite a while just to get it the point to run without just crashing ( the gui errors are added by some clown apparel so i just dont pick em up but its not gamebreaking as the info boxes become transparent as i try to inspect their stats and return to normal after pressing escape)

if only i could find some tool to sort the order out but ive had no luck finding one ( that i can read anyway) : /

Canute

Since B18, the mod load order doesn't matter much anymore.
Ofcourse required mod need to be loaded first.
When 2 mods modify the same thing, the last loaded one.

From my view, you got too many themes at once.
Do you want Dwarfen Jedi Vampire with Fire magic ? :-)
At my playthrough i got a fixed set of Quality of life mods they enhance the gameplay (Hospitality, Extended storage, Better Workbench, Pickup&haul at example).
Then i combine them with some themes like special faction/races/abilities.

So have serveral playthroughs with different playstyles.
Instead an all in one big colony thing.

underdog223

more like screw the balance of the game, i want a challenge but with as mod stuff as i can fit in as possible. a dire raid (mod) with guys having 80dmg rifles and 60 range isnt a cakewalk even with all the stuff i added :p that and i just like content so i can build some weird but very functional base.and i just read the logs i posted... some of those red things dont even show up on my log screen because of the amount of mods it seems. and to think i want to throw in another 50ish. quess i really have to work out my mod load order from scratch. and the modcheck i added since steam told me i needed it when subbing to another mod :s

Canute

Normaly modcheck is integrated into the mod that use it.
But when the mod author say you should load it too, do it.

Yes basicly any mod is more or less a cheat to made the game easier.
Special the abilities mods (magic,force,vampire,werwolfs) give you more advances then the AI would use.
Ok a few mode increase the difficult too, Blue moon troops from Sparkling worlds can really be very bad.
But that all you need to find out self while playing it.