<REQUEST> disable broken/dazed, disable die from starvation, carrying food???

Started by anarky321, July 12, 2014, 04:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anarky321

there are some things in this game that are beyond unrealistic...i can't send people off to mine or fight because they starve to death...no backpacks or bags?

the whole people becoming broken wandering off or fighting to the death with others isn't realistic, people can live for a month without food they don't die after 4 days, and i understand some people can't be wardens but that i can't force someone to give a bedridden person food and they die of starvation isn't realistic or fun, is there any way to mod it so they just sit there and don't work when they become broken or if too starved they just get in bed and lie there? its way too much micromanagement having to constantly worry the mood levels will fall too low

Telkir

A way of giving colonists "travelling rations" would be helpful, I agree, especially at times when you need to draft some colonists to deal with some urgent threat halfway across the map (the crashed ship part or sieging raiders).

Maybe it's just a playstyle thing, though, but I've never had serious problems with the mood of my colonists. It sounds like you're perhaps trying to get them to do too much at once, too far from your supply stockpile.

Salano

Activate the built-in debug menu and disable mental breaks. Normally that's what I do since making people happy is still a feature that hasn't been fleshed out fully

«Temple»

Pan.Q

Quote from: Hunter00064 on October 28, 2014, 01:04:12 PM
A human starves to death irk in about 5 days not a month

human irl can live without eating even more than month, he dies from dehydration in less than 1 week...
Im the Excalibur weaponry wielder
Do you dare to step into the deadliest field of
Hardcore hip-hop, we laugh at your idols
Fuck your advice, I walk the path of the psycho.

Igabod

Quote from: Pan.Q on October 28, 2014, 01:36:10 PM
Quote from: Hunter00064 on October 28, 2014, 01:04:12 PM
A human starves to death irk in about 5 days not a month

human irl can live without eating even more than month, he dies from dehydration in less than 1 week...

Gandhi survived 21 days of complete starvation. And he was a skinny dude before he started. A fatter person could survive much longer. A good rule of thumb is 3 days for water 3 weeks for food. But that doesn't really matter since you are capable of building a space ship in a matter of days on this game (as long as you have the supplies handy already). I think of the days as an abstract value.

That being said, I do like the idea of colonists carrying a meal with them everywhere they go. The raiders have already been set to carry their own food with them so why not have the colonists stop by the stockpile and pick one up every day?

«Temple»

obuw

Traveling rations could be great, yeah. It seems to already be supported by the game, since the raiders and visitors already carry rations on them and eat them when hungry. I have no idea how to make it happen though. :(

The part about bedridden colonists dying of starvation, I can help with though. I already modded my game so feeding bedridden colonists is a "Patient" job instead of a "Doctor" job, so everyone can actually feed sick people (since everyone normally have Patient enabled). Want me to release that?