Paving New Paths

Started by Sandstorm, November 19, 2018, 06:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandstorm

You Should be able to Send several builders in a caravan with several stone blocks and Pave a new path on the world map. The New Path will be costly (maybe 3 stacks of bricks per tile) You will need wood for bridges if crossing rivers or marshland. The rate of path building would be affected by the moving, manipulation, and skill level of builders. It will also be affected of preexisting paths like dirt paths. It Would also be an opportunity to add a floor that increases moving speed. You could use the new floor to build roads. For example a cheap speed increasing tile would be pavement and would provide a small  speed boost and would be ideal for over world paths. Conveyor floors would be the quickest form of transportation and useful for quick hauling. It would be impossible to build a world map conveyor path because it requires electricity. You could choose whether conveyor paths need to come in pairs were one moves one way and one moves the other way which could mean the implementation of double tile doors or they only move when in use and don't consume power when not in use.

khun_poo

Hey! I love this idea.

Would be a great ambition to draw a crazy thing (via building road) on world map that can see from the space hahaha  ;D

Spacebomber

Yes, it is a really good idea, I hope they put it into the game.

bobomite

5thHorseman

There's a mod that does this and I always wanted to try it, but it always feels a bit like it's more work than it's worth. I don't remember the exact numbers but I did the calculations and you'd have to use the road like 100 times to make the time investment pay off. And I've just never had a colony where I used the same path that many times.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.