Rimworld girl does let’s play!

Started by Angel Puff, November 24, 2018, 07:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel Puff

https://www.youtube.com/user/froggerssssss1
This is my YouTube channel. I've been playing version 1.0 completely vanilla. Watch as my colony progresses!

Demoulius

Hi there,

Watched your episodes so far. You might want to smooth the floor in that area that they are holed up in. It removes the ugly enviroment debuff and actually makes it beatifull! it also increases their speed while they are walking on it :) Smoothing the wall also adds beauty but doesent add anything aside from that. It does take a while to smooth stone but once its done the benefits are pretty huge!

Having your colony surrounded by a 1 tile thick wall can be dangerous when you get attacked by sappers, as they will activly dig into your base when they find a weak spot. And that 1 tile thick wall is basicly 1 huge weakspot :( they will activly ignore your killbox and run rampant inside your colony.

In the assign menu you can control a little bit better how many hours your colonists spend each day on sleep, work and joy. I personally let them sleep during night hours and start and end each day with 2 hours of joy. Ive found less keeps them grumpy. Specially early on this can help alot by preventing your guys from breaking and overall beeing unhappy because they have no joy. Even if you only have 1 or 2 sources of joy they can go on walk, do some cloud watching or whatnot and it helps alot in keeping them happy.

All the cats you got in the last episode are probably more a problem then a boon. Id sell most of them if I were you, maybe keeping a male and a female for breeding but your food issue is rough so you cant have that many animals eating up the poor stocks of food that you do have.

Holding shift you can que up different orders so you can give your people multiple orders in a row. Usefull if you want to have more control over what your guys (or in your case girls :) ) are doing.

Hope it helps!