RimWorld Tips&Tricks

Started by The_XaFFaX, July 12, 2014, 05:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_XaFFaX

Hi all,

Below are my videos with tips on how to (in my opinion) play the game without much problems. Hopefully it will be helpful for you. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnJ17pLbMFU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gLxRp8NiaQ

BetaSpectre

Ancient and Outdated.

Defenses like that would allow you to survive from Mortars a little but you'd need to get lucky with geothermal energy or with ship reactors. Some maps don't even spawn with any deep mountains.

Regular raids would wreck such tiny defenses. Better placement in a hallway of death is a better trick, choke points don't seem too effective anymore especially since raiders scale with your defenses and over time

so far a long tunnel of death with a giant fence with random walls seems to do the trick for me. Random exterior wall placement causes the AI to go nuts and spread out to destroy the walls leaving my defenders at chokepoints able to fight off raiders for any that bypass my turret mines, I find making a long hall with turret mines to be really effective if the raiders are concentrated enough like 80 per 3 squares is a great concentration

Against sieges pray for accurate mortars or allied intervention is about all I can say, snipers work well enough though I've never had to try due to luck with mountains or huge mortar/suppressive fire.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

mrofa

Well it isnt bad but yeh kinda outdated.

BetaSpectre you base layout dont matters agains mortars, since siges area very easy to deal with one colonist, map dont spawn with deep moutains but the smaller moutians are still big engouh to fit small-medium colony.

His defenses are preety good only lacking more doors and mines, turret placment isnt bad to since they will get atleast 1 shoot on big raids and then will get destroyed killing streaming wave of raiders. And tactic on this video was for a quite long very effective, and it still is in early game.
All i do is clutter all around.

BetaSpectre

I'm more like a nub around here so TBH I'm just going with what I think works or has for me in the past.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO