RimWorld Steam Awards... Category?

Started by Thundercraft, November 25, 2018, 10:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thundercraft

Looking on the Steam store, I noticed that all games currently have a section under the heading that says,
"Nominate this game for the Steam Awards." (Yes, Steam has had something like this in previous years.) Anyway, there's a selection of several awards that a game can be nominated for. And I was curious what others think would be the most appropriate category for RimWorld. The awards:

• The "Game of the Year" Award
  • The "VR Game of the Year" Award
  • The "Labor of Love" Award
  • The "Best Environment" Award
  • The "Better with Friends" Award
  • The "Best Alternate History" Award
  • The "Most Fun with a Machine" Award

Obviously, several of these are inappropriate, such as "Best with Friends," "VR Game of the Year" and "Best Alternate History." And I suspect "Most Fun with a Machine" is intended for games that revolve around machines, such as where you pilot a starship, tank, car or mecha.

Myself, I'm leaning towards nominating RimWorld for the "Labor of Love" award.
Thoughts?

Kirby23590

Go for the "Game of the Year" Award...

Since the "Labor of Love" award. Rimworld is fairly a new game that just jumped out of Early Access, and adding new free content or new updates is kinda low at this point. Unless 1.1 update is a thing...

Though i have to say the part where it said "is still getting new content after all these years." is coming from the modding community with free content such as new races to play as and new weapons to play with and etc, though that doesn't count in steam award's part, it has to be the Developer Tynan Sylvester himself though with free content updates to the game...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Thundercraft

Quote from: Kirby23590 on November 25, 2018, 12:35:28 PM
Go for the "Game of the Year" Award...

Since the "Labor of Love" award. Rimworld is fairly a new game that just jumped out of Early Access, and adding new free content or new updates is kinda low at this point. Unless 1.1 update is a thing...

Hmm... Yeah, I see your point. My reasoning for thinking of "Labor of Love" was because it's been in development since 2013 and created by a small, indie developer.

AileTheAlien

I'd go with Labor Of Love (I nominated them for it) or Game Of The Year.

BlackSmokeDMax

There is also a Dev award where you can throw Ludeon in the mix!

Ser Kitteh

Labor of Love should be given to games that have been supported forever. Rimworld doesn't fit this category. Do you give any game that just came out early access a pass despite how many years it was worked on?

GOTY it is.