Is my brain bugged or the game?

Started by dontreadthis, November 25, 2018, 09:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontreadthis

Having a big issue with the fabricator. I used it to make advanced components fine and then researched prosthetics afterward because Cody lost a leg, the silly twit. I went straight for bionics to make a leg and then power armor.

Here's where it gets wonky. i queue up a bionic leg first, and BAM! when the crafter finishes, the limb vanished. It does the same thing with power armor too, it seems. the materials are used up and the bill is completed, but the product just disappears. same thing happens with power armor from the fabricator. I ripped out the fabricator and built a new one, but that didnt help. Also i noticed that the prosthetic limbs (the lower tiered ones) do the same thing at the machine table, they just vanish when the task finishes. Not only that but when i said fuck it and tried giving poor cody a damn peg leg the surgery goes into a loop! my doctors just keep cutting up poor cody over and over again if i dont stop their madness. the option to give him or anyone else a prosthetic or bionic leg isnt there because the parts dont exist.

any suggestions before i report it as a bug?

edit:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JCZRbbPfCGoDQv0xtb8bGyxaYLwiabOK

if you want to see it in action for yourself

5thHorseman

This vaguely rings a bell. I'll try my fu on the forum searches.

Any mods?

EDIT: I could find nothing.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

dontreadthis

No mods, clean install after the official release

vzoxz0

Could it be you uh, "lost" the leg in your massive storage area? This never happened to me, and I've made plenty of bionics.

Shurp

Try setting the order to drop on floor instead of carry to stockpile?  It should drop right there.  Unless the floor is so cluttered there's no where for it to land?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

dontreadthis

QuoteTry setting the order to drop on floor
ill try that, but it happens even when i destroy the fabricator and build a new one it in its own room by itself.
try it out in the savefile, the bill for the power armor is finishing up in just a few seconds youll see what i mean. it happens now with anything in the fabricator and machining table

5thHorseman

Quote from: dontreadthis on November 25, 2018, 09:43:17 PM
any suggestions before i report it as a bug?

Report it as a bug. It happened to me as well when I tried it.

Suggestion: Make a slightly different save with the leg almost finished, just so the devs can more easily see it. I had to enable the leg and then wait for the guy to make it, including waiting through his sleep cycle. NEVER MIND I see you said it happens to power armor as well and he WAS almost done with that :D

Comment: Damn that Nicole was busy for the day it took to make the leg. She got home from her caravan, binged on psychite, overdosed, and then got inspired recruitment.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

dontreadthis

QuoteNicole was busy for the day it took to make the leg. She got home from her caravan, binged on psychite, overdosed

thats cody's new wife! that dude can't catch a break  ;D