Anyone doing the travel to the Spaceship victory?

Started by hismaimai7777, November 26, 2018, 01:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismaimai7777

Currently I just setup my third base.  I've got a small army of muffalos who are carrying everything from food to turrets.  It's slow going, but it's a lot of fun making new bases with skilled up pawns.
Công ty rut ham cau quan 12 giá rẻ dịch vụ rút hầm cầu quận 12 uy tín

Ser Kitteh

Same! I'm going west to east, my current base a temperate forest at the edge of the desert (the ship is at the desert) with 10 colonists and some 30 animals.

I made the mistake of going straight to the ship after my second base, without enough food everyone was going crazy and dying. I reloaded an earlier save, using said third base as a launchpoint and farmland for the ship.

What's annoying about the ship is that when you arrive, your animals and colonist don't automatically unload everything. Will need to spend at least 2 years making a proper fort for the ship!

5thHorseman

It's actually quite easy if you do it early, when your colonists are used to life sucking. And it's the best way to have no wealth (outside of a honkin' huge spaceship) or the final 15 days.

Get there, wall it in, plant some crops and as soon as they come in turn the ship on. Live in tiny rooms with only a non-electric kitchen and eat simple meals you make on the spot. Living like that, all you'll get is basic raids that you can deter with 3-5 traps in corridor, that you rebuild asap between raids.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

BugPowderDust

I've never even considered this tbh.

Do you just travel as far as you can on your food, then set up a base, farm more food, set off again, rinse/repeat?

Ser Kitteh

More or less!

However it's very important to take into account your food supply and the biome. When you arrive at your site, you should have some amount of food with you instead of being at 1/2 days left.

I wonder what would happen if you sent two colonists to the ship, build a tiny shelter and wait for raiders to arrive? I was going to build a giant megafort, but it might be easier to cheese the system and only have low wealth before initiating the launch.

Canute

Or you advance in the technology so you can use Pod launcher.
Then you build enough launcher for all your pawn and stuff you want carry over.

You won't need caravan animal, but higher mining work for the pod launcher and chemfuel.
A mod like Camping stuff would fit perfect for the travel, so you can made tent's for the temp. camps underway.

Demoulius

Im just playing my 1st playthrough and I think I just want to build a nice colony :) and maybe get a 2nd in the mountains started. Im playing again after like a 2 year long hiatus so alot of new things have been introduced into the game!

If I get off on a ship though il just build one myself. The landed one is in the middle of an extreme desert and I have to trek through half the continent to get there....

bobomite

I'm doing this in my current game actually.  I got most of the way there early, using a few muffalos and a lot of pemmican.  The next 2 stages took a few years each. 

The final segment, I used transport pods to send in 3 colonists to start building up walls and basic buildings.  I just keep sending steel, meals and gun turrets, etc.  Getting pretty close to starting the reactor. 

Considering the massive materials needed to build the ship it's not as hard as I thought it would be and definitely interesting.

Ser Kitteh

There was someone on r/rimworld that survived the 15 day reactor siege by constantly popping in and out of the casket using only 1 colonist. I say it might even be preferred to send a small team and then merely drop pod the basic necessities from the actual colony.