Does Rimworld need new weapons/armor/clothes?

Started by Ser Kitteh, November 28, 2018, 06:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ser Kitteh

As the title say, do you think the game needs just a little extra? And if so, what?

For the basics, I'd like to have:

1. Repeaters: It took a long time for a revolver to be a thing in RW but no repeaters? That's a missed opportunity. It should do less damage but have a higher fire rate than a bolt action.

2. Medieval helmet: The plate armor is great but there's something silly wearing some infantry helmet for a good chunk of the early game. We need a proper bucket helm!

3. More clothing options for tribals: Tribals are a complex topic for a lot of Rimworld players but the thing is, real life tribals range from jungle dwellers to desert dwellers to tundra dwellers. A tribal playthrough in Rimworld with only tribalwear is a death sentence. There needs to be alternate options for pants, parkas, jackets and dusters.

pllovervoltage

I personally like keeping the list low and so I don't have a lot of mods but if I were to add something it would be an anti-material rifle. Would be a great late-game weapon vs centipedes. Camouflage which decreases enemy accuracy but reduces movement speed(and thus reduce dodge chance so its best for ranged not melee). Barbed wire which has been brought up in the forums before and I believe there's a mod.

Kirby23590

Weapons:

• I will go for crossbows and muskets.

• The crossbows are more damaging than the greatbows but reload much slower and could rival the bolt-action rifle.

• And the Musket because it's the great grandfather of the gunpower weapons but is much slower than the bolt-action rifle with less range. The Catch is it can be crafted in the smithy and a new pawn type exists for the tribals. The Thunderer gunner who are primary armed with them.
Clothing or Hats

• While i'm fine with the clothing options for industrial colonies. It just doesn't have that much hats, like we just have like have 5 of them... ( Not counting the helmets and the war mask. )

• I would like to have hats like Baseball Caps and Top Hats which would fit perfectly for the outlanders and colonies.

• And other variations of the tuque like Bobble Hats with pom poms on top of them or Jayne's hat from Firefly with the earflaps.

• In the clothing side i like to see Ponchos or Stripped T-shirts and Sweatshirts.

I think i agree with Medieval helmets or Plate Helms.

And also i would like to see more tribal clothing as well.

Though this kinda feels like it should be in the suggestion forums though...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

AileTheAlien

Quote from: Kirby23590 on November 28, 2018, 07:14:51 AM
- more hats
- striped sweatshirts
Black fedora, red and black striped shirt, and a power-claw...

Kirby23590

Quote from: AileTheAlien on November 28, 2018, 08:59:03 AM
Black fedora, red and black striped shirt, and a power-claw...

Remember, don't fall asleep in elm street, or he might get you and kill you in your sleep... ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Shurp

So *that* is what a "hideously ugly" pawn looks like?  *shudder*
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

zizard

But player base already have no idea about the current clothing choices.

Canute

That's why they want more and more.
Then they got the excuse "I have nothing to wear anymore" :-)

Yoshida Keiji

I love to play Ice Sheet for Lost Tribe, and we are missing bone tools. I have a bone...

What can I do with it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_people#/media/File:Ancient_Thule_Home.jpg

The Thule People built houses with bones. Bones from whales. It really sucks hard when you land near water bodies or at shores but there's no sea life.

I wish "Handful of Stones" to make a return to the Vanilla when a pawn doesn't have a weapon and is not melee, make stone throwing the default for ranged pawns.

Does anyone know why Handful of Stones was removed from the game?

As a Tribal exclusive player, I wish more trinket traps. Frogs in game from which we could make poison arrows like the movie Apocalypto. Sacrifice to the gods altar.

Ice Sheet is the only biome I ever re-roll my starting pawns so that the first five are all wearing a parka, I don't care for their stats, just the extra apparel.

The return of the Gibbet Cages too.