Custom Scenario Nothing Researched

Started by Stoned on Smokeleaf, November 29, 2018, 02:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoned on Smokeleaf

Hi.  New player here  :P

My question is, I want to create a custom scenario as tribespeople where nothing has been researched.  When I try to do this, I don't see an option to remove a research item.  I.E. Passive Coolers, Recurve Bow..

Is there not a way to do this?  Or perhaps a mod that removes the default researches each faction starts with?

Thanks!

Crow_T

(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

TheMeInTeam

If you do this heat waves will kill you unless you keep very sparing stuff and just flee the map when they happen.  Doable though if RNG doesn't like you it will be a vexing first year.

AileTheAlien

My mod has factions for all tech-levels, although I was lazy, and didn't finish giving them proper names, labels, etc. Also noteworthy, is that the technology costs only make sense for tribal and industrial, because lower tech-level factions don't have an extra increased cost compared to tribals. I think the research costs get cheaper for the higher-than-industrial factions, but I haven't made time to test, or finish this mod properly.

Crow_T

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on November 30, 2018, 02:05:45 PM
If you do this heat waves will kill you unless you keep very sparing stuff and just flee the map when they happen.  Doable though if RNG doesn't like you it will be a vexing first year.

Great point, passive cooler research is a good one to unlock from the start if doing a "no research" run.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20