Operation Weasel Stomper

Started by Halinder, July 12, 2014, 01:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halinder

Today I have a mission for all you Rimworlders out there. Rimworlders? Eh, it works. You see those squirrels and boomrats wandering around like they own the place, nibbling gently on shrubbery and occasionally your thousands upon thousands of potatoes? They squeak and squeal when you end their miserable lives, the ingrates. I challenge you all to make a colony on the largest map type (ludeonicrous? I forget) and coat every piece of arable land with flooring to prevent anything from growing. Defend your storehouses and watch as they all starve, and then post the screenshots here. That is all I request of you, carry on your extermination of boomrats, and remember, overkill is the best kind of kill.

esk81

Cool idea, but you can't construct over the map edges :(

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

vagineer1

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 12, 2014, 01:26:00 PM
But you sure can burn em

And you can do anything other than build on the outlines. So cutting them is an option.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Headshotkill

That happened kinda naturally to my last playthrough, I think it was a bug though. There was a really long Eclips and it made ALL the poverty grass die on the map and it didn't grew back. At first I didn't notice it but after some time I noticed how brown the map was, then several weeks later I sometimes randomly heard a small explosion somewhere random on the map. This was a boomrat starving to death, this happened about 23 times, I later noticed how all the muffalo's were wounded and I guessed it was my messy hunting but then I saw they were all starving. Some more weeks later and the whole map was lifeless, just cacti, trees and dirt.

BetaSpectre

Just like the front lines of any no man's land. With hundreds of raiders besieging basically each day I see why things have gotten so bad.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

wild alaskan

i actually accomplished this on the last version on a standard sized map, cut every plant on it down, except for a portion I had isolated. (just agave and berries)

esk81

Wow man, that colony is so big! The screenshot seems more like simcity than rimworld lol

wild alaskan

haha yeah, even with 100+ people the battle against the poverty grass took a good 100 days!

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Headshotkill on July 12, 2014, 06:22:03 PM
That happened kinda naturally to my last playthrough, I think it was a bug though. There was a really long Eclips and it made ALL the poverty grass die on the map and it didn't grew back.

Yes, there was a thing in the changelog about Tynan fixing that. It was a silent hotfix, though.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here