toxic fallout is as bad as the old tornado

Started by LoSboccacc, November 30, 2018, 04:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patoka

i also like it. sometimes. i remember once i got it like three times in a year. that wasnt just hard to survive, that was really lame as in boring. but i guess it always is if you get the same crap over and over again.

what people didnt mention yet i think is how you can easily heal your toxic buildup just like hypothermia and others. as soon as your pawns are roofed, their toxic buildup will sink again. but still, dont let it get over a certain level (30% i think) because above that level your pawns may develop cancer and something else aswell

sorry, didnt play normal games in a while, i am on sea ice and there different rules exist
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

Kramoliun

Quote from: patoka on December 22, 2018, 05:04:42 PM
i also like it. sometimes. i remember once i got it like three times in a year. that wasnt just hard to survive, that was really lame as in boring. but i guess it always is if you get the same crap over and over again.

what people didnt mention yet i think is how you can easily heal your toxic buildup just like hypothermia and others. as soon as your pawns are roofed, their toxic buildup will sink again. but still, dont let it get over a certain level (30% i think) because above that level your pawns may develop cancer and something else aswell

sorry, didnt play normal games in a while, i am on sea ice and there different rules exist

once a colonist of mine developed dementia because of the prolonged time he went outside, i used him to haul all downed animals for domestication or slaughter them, so he left the roofs various times and was aways between 15% and 40% of toxic buildup.
Alea Jacta Est.

Kirby23590

Yea you can get Carcinoma as well... I think some of my guys got it in a arm in some tests during Dev Mode...

They do work slowly and has effected their quality of their work and combat effectiveness when they get the Toxic Buildup and also get the Mood Debuff from the Sick Moodlet... I always keep them low in 18% & 22% Percentage...

Also why is this post still going for some odd reason? ???

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Kirby23590 on December 27, 2018, 03:50:29 PM

To simulate the effects of its subject. :D
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Shurp

Quote from: 5thHorseman on December 27, 2018, 08:25:42 PM
Quote from: Kirby23590 on December 27, 2018, 03:50:29 PM

To simulate the effects of its subject. :D

Oh crap, reading this thread gave me dementia and my left foot just fell off.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

RicRider

I find that toxic fallout is one of those events that was fun the first few times. Now I just unashamedly disable it in game conditions because I like to build spread out bases and not have to roof everything off!
##Coding Scrub##

Yoshida Keiji

I miss the "old" Toxic fallout that allowed players to collect dead animals before they rot beyond use.

Canute

Like you will miss fish without plastic at their stomach/meat ?
Or mushroom without radioactiv isotops from fallout areas ? :-)

Ok, yes that the animal get a chance to instantly rot when they got a toxic buildup is annoying, but made it more dangerous to unprepared colonies.

ManHuntingSquirrel

it's a lategame event,by that you should already have atleast a gasmask from a raider or hydroponics.
Also getting one early game having Randy is fair,it's Random.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

5thHorseman

Quote from: ManhuntingSquirrel on January 06, 2019, 03:44:15 PM
it's a lategame event,by that you should already have atleast a gasmask from a raider or hydroponics.
Also getting one early game having Randy is fair,it's Random.
I got one in year 1 and one in year 2 on Cassandra Medium.

Didn't have much trouble. The first one I bailed on the tile (It was garbage anyway) and the second I nosed to the grindstone and just got all the work done that was needed to survive.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Kirby23590

It really sucks when you get it in the first year, i won't be a problem for one or two but still...

You can counter this with an large farm and freezer, sure your freezer might not as be two walls wide and made of wood, but large farms and extensive hunting and pemmican making helps a lot or that prisoner only nutrient paste dispenser might come in handy... ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Shurp

Why did I read that as "throw your prisoners into your nutrient paste dispenser"?

I've been playing Rimworld way too long :)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Kerr

Toxic fallout is one of the funner events for me, is changes the aesthetic and gives an oppressive atmosphere. It forces you to manage how much time you spend outside. Other than that It's pretty easy to deal with....

Tornado -> Magic eraser - just get out of it's way... no really any fun to play against.

Kramoliun

to me, the toxic buildup is what the volcanos would do on real life when on eruption, tons of ash falling from the sky, killing the plants bit by bit, causing suffocation on animals and people alike if they have weak lungs, ruining potable water, its a disaster, who doesnt suffocate or get poisoned dies starved

Alea Jacta Est.

tsmt1001

Once you got hydroponics going, it's really just a nuisance. Stay indoors or under the roof, and it's all good. Tornado, on other hand, sucks, it really wreaks havoc on everything that's not under the mountain.