Seed for new play?

Started by Peyote, December 01, 2018, 07:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peyote

Just bought the game yesterday start with tutorial and start creating new game and lost on the first raid. The planet that i choose is really low on tree and another material. Is there any seed for new player where i can get lot of wood, and other useful materials. And what should i do after landing and collection supplies ?

vzoxz0

You must be messed with the settings, by default there are what, dozens if not hundreds of forest-y areas.

Canute

Quote from: Peyote on December 01, 2018, 07:31:04 AM
The planet that i choose is really low on tree and another material. Is there any seed for new player where i can get lot of wood, and other useful materials.
The seed/planet is basicly not important.
The Biome you choose it is.
If you start in Arid or desert there are ofcouse less trees. Boreal forest or Tropical Rainforest you got plenty of trees.

QuoteAnd what should i do after landing and collection supplies ?
Food is your primary need at first.
Steel and componets for power supply.
Wall's you build better from stone blocks. Wood is ok at for the first sleeping barracks, but stone don't burn and got moe HPs.

Shurp

Once you have power (batteries) and build a freezer you can slaughter all the animals on the map, freeze them, and live on sausages for a year while you build everything else.  But until then you can make do killing animals one-by-one and turning them into meals at a campfire.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Bozobub

Even without a freezer, you can make coolers (say, as tribals) early on, which greatly extend the lifespan of your stored food.
Thanks, belgord!

Canute

Bozobub, you should explain that more.
I don't understood how a tribal early game allready made coolers ? Passive coolers don't cool that much that it become relevant for extend the fresh lifespan.

Or simply just play on a perma winter map :-)