[1.1] The Doctor's World (June 29, 2020)

Started by Dr_Zhivago, December 02, 2018, 03:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: ruyan on December 08, 2018, 05:36:17 AM
Do you want a pull request on those and look over them?

Sure, I'll look it over and see

Dr_Zhivago

Dr_Zhivago

DocWorld has been updated:

v1.0.8 (18/12/2018):

Updated Vanilla and modded miniaturisation Defs.

Removed "Expanded Woodworking"/experimental patches, as they are now integrated into the main mod/not useful.

IF "High Tech Labratory Facilities" is installed:
Moves countertop behind complex furniture research.

IF "RimCuisine" AND "SeedsPlease" are installed:
Removes extra cocoa recipes and items.

IF "RIMkea" AND "CuprosStones" are installed:
Allows all chunks to be used for BULDRESTStool.

IF "VGP Garden Fabrics" and "Vanilla Animals Overhaul Reloaded" are installed:
Allows new wools to be used on blended wool recipe.

IF "VGP Garden Fabrics" AND "RimCuisine" are installed:
Wild flax drops raw flax instead of cloth.

ambivalence

Does it require having all the mods? I like a couple of patches + the idea of seamless modding.

Canute

No, the mod check if that other mod is active/loaded then it throw in that patch.
A mod tool "Modcheck" is doing that job.

Dr_Zhivago

Nope, like Canute said, you can even just use Vanilla.

As a side-note... If you do not like a patch, and use the mod effected, you can also remove the patch. I've tried to make the patches pretty modular so you can just delete the patch in question from the patch folder.

Edit: This is in reference to the mod DocWorld

ambivalence

Is it safe to use Dubs Bad Hygiene + SeedsPlease + VG + [RF] Fertile Fields, if the first of them was added to the existing save (the rest, including your patch, were already there)? There's already some mode that uses fertilizer (for hydroponics), I guess it's VG. Is it okay for DBH? Thanks.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: ambivalence on December 25, 2018, 01:24:08 PM
Is it safe to use Dubs Bad Hygiene + SeedsPlease + VG + [RF] Fertile Fields, if the first of them was added to the existing save (the rest, including your patch, were already there)? There's already some mode that uses fertilizer (for hydroponics), I guess it's VG. Is it okay for DBH? Thanks.

I never used VGP Garden Tools, so that won't be touched by my mod at all. I do not know if Garden Tools relies on the other mods in any way, so there could be a potential issue there. If you're adding DBH to an existing game with my patch already running, then it should be fine (as the items will be removed before loading the save-game so long as you restart after changing modlist). Just back-up your save as a precaution.

Dr_Zhivago

v1.0.9 (06/01/2018):

IF "Architect Icons" is installed:
Added more mod support for pictures.

IF "Change Dresser" is installed:
Added compatibility to [sd] Goodnight, RIMkea, LOTRE, Gloomy Furniture, Medeival Times, Polyamory Beds

IF "Dubs Bad Hygiene" is installed:
Move "Ceiling Fan" behind electricity research.

IF "Extended Storage" is installed:
Adds some categories to various storage furniture for better compatibility with "RimCuisine" and "Rim of Madness - Bones"

IF "VGP Xtra Trees and Flowers" AND "Realistic Planets" AND "Expanded Woodworking" are installed:
Add wood logs and lumber to VGP Trees.

RollingTable has been updated:

General code optimization.

ww9

Thank you so much for updating, maintaining and patching Vanilla Animals Overhaul!

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: ww9 on January 14, 2019, 01:20:21 PM
Thank you so much for updating, maintaining and patching Vanilla Animals Overhaul!

No problem. Glad you've found the update useful.

Dr_Zhivago

Date Format: DD/MM/YYYY

**v1.0.10 (04/03/2019):**

Moved the Changelog into the README.md
Fixed RoM-Bones_StuffedFloors patch
Changed underground conduit defName, this will delete conduits from ongoing saves (so replace them).
Buffed the mass of various minifiable Vanilla items (only items from 1.0.0 release of DocWorld).
Removed "Weapon Tech" error fixing patch, no longer needed.

IF "DDA Security and More" AND "Doors Expanded" are installed:
Remove DDA blastdoor research and replace research with Doors Expanded version.

IF "DDA Security and More" AND "Fences and No Floors"/"Fences and Floors" are installed:
Remove fence research and move fences to Fences tab.

IF "Dubs Hygiene" AND "RF Fertile Fields" are installed:
The composter is usable and produces RF Fertile Field compost. May cause minor issues with ongoing saves.
Returns previously removed JobDef "LoadComposter" and "UnloadComposter".
Returns previously replaced "WaterFiltration" research prerequisites to "SepticTanks".
Returns previously removed "SewageSludgeComposting" research.
Returns previously removed "BiosolidsComposter".
Returns previously removed WorkGiver "UnloadComposter".
Returns previously removed WorkGiver "FillComposter".
Continues to remove "BiosolidFertilizer".
Continues to remove "Biosolids".

IF "LED Lights" is installed:
Move all lights to Lighting tab.

IF "Repair Workbench" AND "Survival Tools" are installed:
Add tools to weapon repair recipe.

RollingTable has been updated:

Smokeleaf Industry compatibility added.

Dr_Zhivago

Amnesia has been released:

Removes all Vanilla starting research.

Giraffe

Is there a quick solution to making animals from other mods into pack animals?

I'm using the Star Wars Animal Collection mod and there are a few animals which I can use as mounts just fine but they have +0 carrying bonus despite being gigantic and having a carry weight bonus of x500%

With dinosauria it was simple enough to just edit the xml for races in the mod and just change pack animal to true (though that said I haven't tested it enough to know if that does the trick anyhow)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but it seems like you've got the pack animal thing figured out and I'm hoping you could send me in the right direction.

I initially thought this forum thread was for some Dr. Who themed mod or something so I never checked it out. Hope you continue to revive dead mods as some of my favorites have been lost to the past.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Giraffe on May 29, 2019, 05:26:55 PM
Is there a quick solution to making animals from other mods into pack animals?
https://github.com/DrZhivago1/KK_AnimalOverhaul/blob/master/Patches/AnimalCollabProj.xml#L4
Lines 4-23 is the patch applied to allow ONE animal to become a pack animal. This basically tests to see if a mod is loaded, if it is, the animal is tested to see if it is a pack animal, and if it is not a pack animal, adds that value to it. The requirements in my linked example are: mod name from About.xml and defName of the animal you wish to change. You'd only have to make a few changes to that patch example for every animal, replacing the defName with the proper one instead of "ACPBlackRhinoceros". Of course you'd also need to replace the name of the mod that is searched for, however that only needs to be done once.

There is perhaps a better way of doing this called "PatchOperationConditional" that I could have opted to use instead. However I did not use it at the time for whatever reason. If you'd like to learn more about XPath and modding in general for RimWorld, the Wiki has some good info now.
https://www.rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Modding_Tutorials

Quote from: Giraffe on May 29, 2019, 05:26:55 PM
I initially thought this forum thread was for some Dr. Who themed mod or something so I never checked it out. Hope you continue to revive dead mods as some of my favorites have been lost to the past.
You know what they say about assuming ;). Glad you've found inspiration in it.