Worker restrictions on blueprints

Started by Modinstaller, December 02, 2018, 04:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modinstaller

There are worker restrictions on crafts, so that your unskilled crafters can work on stuff with no quality levels, e.g. bionic limbs and your skilled ones can work on stuff with quality levels, e.g. weapons, but while the same system applies to construction (walls and doors have no quality levels but beds do), you can't assign a specific worker or a minimum skill required for your blueprints.

If this was implemented, players who're looking to optimize everything could have less stuff to micromanage : order a royal bed to be constructed, set minimum required skill or worker, and let your colonists handle it for you. Right now, without this, you have to be careful about who builds what and use manual priorities and forbidding, which is somewhat bothersome.

I reckon it's not an easy thing to implement since blueprints don't really have any ui for this. I think a global setting with its own ui window would do the trick : the same kind of layout from the crafting window but which affects all your constructions. If I set it to 10-20 skill, only 10+ builders will work on blueprints with quality levels like couches, beds, etc...