Weapons restriction

Started by Beshi, November 14, 2018, 10:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beshi

Hello,

Do you know if there is a mod that allows you to choose which weapons our settlers can wear according to the quality and durability of the weapon, as for clothing?

I find it strange that the developer did not integrate this option when he made it for clothing.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

EntityFramework

I second this. This must be a must!
I'm currently trying to analyze how much time and effort is needed for making a mod  out for this.

Deer87

Combat Extended has a loadout menue where you can define what weapon your pawns can carry. But it comes with a more hardcore combat system, which i love, but it can be more unforgiving.

I think they are finishing the last issues for the 1.0 version in these days. So hopefully it will som be updated

EntityFramework

Yes, I have peeked at  the  source code files of the combat extended mod but I thought it was too overkill for this simple feature..  Besides the idea is that it was implemented within the ManageOutfit window dialog.. so as to make it compatible with Better pawn control.

EntityFramework

Basically I need help on this since I have to Patch the original cs class of vanilla rimworld.

The idea is to integrate it with Better Pawn Control.. so for that I have to change the Dialog_ManageOutfits.cs that doesn't have defs associated (as far as i Know)..

What I ask is :

What Should I change from Dialog_ManageOutfits.cs [\\Assembly-CSharp\RimWorld\Dialog_ManageOutfits.cs] so as to make it include Weapons in the filter list?

1- Change the filter list? isn't there a method to specify a filter list that includes weapons and appearal?
2- Will the existing behaviour on outfits be compatible with the addition of weapons?
What else?