[Mod Request] Refugee information

Started by crusader2010, December 04, 2018, 01:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Hello,

I would like a mod that provides more information for the event that allows you to choose whether to help a pawn that is chased into your base by tribals/pirates/whatever.

Right now it only says that there "is no time to gather more information", which translates into the possibility of ending up with a useless pawn that you need to get rid of. It doesn't have to provide FULL stats/skills, but at least something to have an idea on what you're getting.

Making it configurable would be really nice too:
- one slider for telling you how many skills above (or equal to) a certain threshold the pawn has (between 0 to ALL), at maximum. Selecting a higher number than the amount of appropriate skills will simply show them all. E.g.: if a pawn has 4 skills above a certain threshold and you select 3 here, you will only ever see 3 (this is to make it a bit more of a difficult decision if that's what people like);
- one slider for the threshold from above (between 0 and 20);
- one checkbox for whether to enable the research that lets you know what those skills actually are (versus just telling you their number);

Features:
- At the beginning there could be a certain lack of information - "Pawn X has between 2 and 6 skills above Y points" (so only taking into consideration the second slider from above and to a lesser degree the first - just to provide a random interval).
- A research item that allows you to know the exact number of skills, but will always be at most the number from the configuration options above; probably industrial level tech;
- A research item that allows you to know the actual skill names (if enabled in configuration); probably industrial or spacer level tech;
- "A Rimworld of Magic" compatibility - a research item that allows detection of magically/physically gifted pawns, if this mod is present; maybe neolithic or medieval level tech (i.e. finding out through magic);

PS: I realize this mod would be very nicely suited as an addition to the mod "Spotted"  ;D

Thanks
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Monti

there was already mod like that, just it provided all info from the start and its wasnt updated to 1.0 (<-maybe already updated)

BlackSmokeDMax

crusader2010

Thank you! It's a start at least :)
Will have to look for a non-steam download though.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack