A lot of mods, cannot generate world, have the log.

Started by ambivalence, December 19, 2018, 01:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambivalence

Please, could you help me to figure out what gives the error? Here's the log. There's too much stuff, I'll spend a whole day trying to catch the issue manually, but the log doesn't help me. Maybe you know.

It would be easier if the initialization would be faster, but it takes ≈ 20 minutes to load the menu. Just in case, see the attachments for the last debug messages from the game.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Zaltys

Verse.Log.Message is from core. I don't see how that could be missing, unless you accidentally moved the core directory or something such.

As the first step, you should probably verify the integrity of the game files - or just uninstall and reinstall.

ambivalence

Did the verification couple of times yesterday. Changing the modlist helped somehow. However, sometimes I see debug messages from not active mods (just subscribed on steam, nothing more). That's strange.

Canute

QuoteDid the verification couple of times yesterday.
Verification on steam isn't very accurate. It only check the files for the current release, but overlook files from previously releases.
But at your case it don't look like it is this case.

It would be easier if the initialization would be faster, but it takes ≈ 20 minutes to load the menu.
With 380 mod's no wonder, these mod extend the def's from vanilla at multiple times.

QuoteAttempt to use string targetversion to refer to field targetVersion in type Verse.ModMetaData+ModMetaDataInternal; xml tags are now case-sensitive. XML: <ModMetaData><name>WM Medivac</name><author>Wishmaster</author><targetversion>0.16.1393</targetversion><description>
&lt;color=orange&gt;&lt;b&gt;Requires HugsLib.&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/color&gt;
WM Medivac is at the Workshop a A16 mod.
Ok you don't have it active, but it is still at Mods, maybe you should delete/unsubscribe.
Do you have any other older B19 mods ?

I can't say what this error cause.
But you should rebuild your modlist, don't put any crap onto it.
Activate mod's at batches, check for error's after you activate them.
Avoid mod's that generate error's on Rimworld startup.
Use Hugslib quickstart function ( right click on Top right icon with Dev mode on) to check if the map generation still working.

Don't forget Mod's don't have a quality control. Most modder do a good support and improve them.
But not all of them, and not all are testet with all possible mod combinations.
You need to find out a good working modlist by yourself. Sorry.

ambivalence

As I said, I've solved the problem, everything seems working now. Just didn't know inactive mods should give any error messages. I don't use mods older than b19, but don't want to unsubscribe those oldies in case of updates. Thanks for your help!