Mod to force deprive recreation or give it job priority

Started by Engager, December 05, 2018, 09:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engager

I really wish someone can make a mod to force deprive pawn a recreation. Personally i found recreation is simply nuisance waisting time of my good pawns! I don't care about them getting deprived/starved in the slightest. Is where any reason for me to get all them good beds, food, satisfactions in killing/art/drugs needs if i can't use that positive mood buffer to stop wasting their work time on pathetic recreation need? I really feel Tynan made recreation unswitchable for us to "care" about our pawns, this does not offer any diversity or difficulty, it's simply denying us control of our pawns shaping them way we like it. That's not a storytelling when i see my super biotech pawn waste 1/3 of the working day watching television, or when he is in the middle of construction of something important on the edge of the map just when he decides that he misses those stupid 5% of joy metter and need to go all way to base and back because of this "need". Give a recreation a priority as a job type or make a switch to force deprive! Sure i can force pawn to do something by hand until done, but technically recreation is currently is "need" so activity switching in favor of this "requirement" is impossible to avoid, so you can either spend million clicks per day forcing pawn to do a job and reclick every time he wants that tv shit, or just watch pawn's working time endlessly goes down the drain even if he doesn't really need that mood buff. So i'm really looking for something to allow me to force deprive him of this useless time waste. I don't really care about debuf, just allow me to stop switching tasks for this joy nuisance!

pllovervoltage

Engager

That won't work since recreation is like job with infinite priority, it will still be enforced to task switching even if it's not on schedule. Like your starving pawn will go to eat regardless of schedule, deprived will do the same. Pawns ignore there schedule for urgent "needs".

pllovervoltage

That is false. Unless a mod is interfering with your game this is the lines for work under timeassignment. They will eat but they won't do joy.
<TimeAssignmentDef>
    <defName>Work</defName>
    <label>work</label>
    <color>(107, 107, 52)</color>
    <allowRest>false</allowRest>
    <allowJoy>false</allowJoy>
  </TimeAssignmentDef>

And no recreation is not like a job with infinite priority. There's nothing that prioritizes getjoy when it's low. There is one for getfood when the pawn's starving but not for when recreation is low. Not that it would matter since pawns can't do getjoy at all during work timeassignments. They will wander instead when idle.

Engager

Hmm... That's interesting find. Thanks for pointing this out, maybe i really have something changed by mods (i have many installed). However i still want to see real priority for joy i can set up, to make sure it comes after all important work tasks regardless of schedule.

giannikampa

try setting 24 hours of sleep, IIRC they sleep, work and eat as needed but they never do recreation activity
And as always.. sorry for my bad english