1.0.2096 rev473 Red errors on startup

Started by kush89, December 07, 2018, 12:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kush89

1) I think it updated from b18 to 1.0 on steam
2) Launch game 5 or so red errors pop up however they don't seem to effect game play at all just the message at launch then its good.
3) No errors to pop up
4) I had a bunch of mods installed it then updated the game and the errors started showing up
5) I have done a fresh install 3 times (even un-subbed all mods) and deleted all files I could find to try and fix the problem

Love the game thanks so much for making it. Almost 100% sure the fault is on my end from 1 of the mods but I don't understand why a fresh install didn't fix it

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Hi,
not sure if it is the common steam update problem since i don't saw the "Hatbase" error.
If you just use the steam uninstaller, then try to delete the Core folder or the whole Rimworld installation if you didn't try this before.
Steam uninstaller only delete latest installed files, not all existing files (from older releases), what cause many times problems.

kush89

Yup deleting core worked thanks. I never checked to see if steam was removing core or not apparently uninstall isn't uninstall. Sorry for posting it here ran out of ideas feel free to delete

Canute

You arn't the first and you won't be the last.