[1.0]Rimworld Ore Processing[No Longer supported, check out my new ore mod]

Started by WolfgangPolska, December 07, 2018, 02:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of mine ideas  should I add next?

No need for crafters, ores are now smelted in similar fashion as beer ferments, in primitive smelters or industrial blast furnances
New metals and their alloys
Industrial auto-miners - getting rid of need for manpower
Facilities enhancing mining speed, yield etc.

WolfgangPolska

I want to adress some stuff:
-Currently chunks are suppoused to be chosen randomly, but for some reason only marble chunks are randomized. Slight ajustments should be made to randomizing algorithm.
-Ore, and stone dictionaries are features I would very much like to implement, yet I still lack some skill and time to do that.
- Mining platforms work like drills, so they wont be billed anytime soon.
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

vovik

Can i choose several items from list?
In addition to new alloys id like a recipe to make existing alloys - like plasteel, existing weaves, etc...
Idea bout blast furnaces is perfect.
Idea about facilities is good also - like wheelcart and rack with specialized instruments (both can be relocated)
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

WolfgangPolska

Quote from: vovik on April 19, 2019, 06:07:08 PM
Can i choose several items from list?
In addition to new alloys id like a recipe to make existing alloys - like plasteel, existing weaves, etc...
Idea bout blast furnaces is perfect.
Idea about facilities is good also - like wheelcart and rack with specialized instruments (both can be relocated)

Plasteel is now obtainable at mining spot, although is has small chance to be found, same as uranium.
I'm planning to make more tech-levels for furnaces, with diffrent efficiency and smelting speed stats.
Autominer is the next c# based thing to come, so stay tuned!

vovik

There are already mods for auto- haulers, miners, no need to invent a wheel, please.
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

vovik,
each modder got his own ideas. Thats mostlike why they start to create their own mod instead to expand another mod. Not to speak about the time he need to dig into the other mod's code if he just want to adapt the code for his own.

His idea's with prospecting ore deposit with pawn is very unique.
Sure he could adapt Quarry mod and create a micro-quarry (2x2) to put on these deposits.
Or use Angie's old Mines mod which worked with bills.
But i think i got a feeling what he want to realize and both wouldn't fit his needs.

JJATH

If this mod is still getting worked on, how about removing compacted steel from the map? It doesn't seem very real that you find these in mountains and such and should just be removed to maybe 1%, hell I'd even go for 0% as I find it to speed up my game quite fast, I think compacted machinery could be removed as well or put down to a 1% marker. Just thinking it would be more fun with actually making the resources ourselves instead of having to just get it pretty much all the time.

I was thinking of doing it myself but I couldn't find out how to do it and make it compatible with your mod. Anyway, I hope you'll read this. Thanks for the mod

WolfgangPolska

Yeah, but "compacted steel" should give off iron ore when mined, and it still does when I checked last, unless u have mods thay alter mineable yields higher in mod order. Currently I have a break, but after exams I'm plannig to continiue working on this project.

123mig123

hello senpai!  ;D
I really enjoyed the mod... but... can there be a way to refine iron ore in rare ore rifinery to maximize productivity?

vovik

Maybe not all refineries are suited for iron ore? Maybe ores should group by power required to melt? Who knows...
Mein Herz brennt

WolfgangPolska

NEW UPDATE IS OUT!!!
Change log:
-added message prompts when ores are depleted or found
-changed prospecting system
(now work needed to find new ore is random, pawns with low intellectual skill should find ore more easliy, since formula for work value per tick is miningskill+intellectual skill instead of minig*intellectual)
-Smelters suffer no penalty from being outdoors or working at extreme temperatures
-ore well properly yields random chunks instead of marble only
-ore well properly yields plasteel and uranium ore instead of smelted metal

vovik

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on August 22, 2019, 01:14:11 PM
NEW UPDATE IS OUT!!!
Change log:
-added message prompts when ores are depleted or found
-changed prospecting system
(now work needed to find new ore is random, pawns with low intellectual skill should find ore more easliy, since formula for work value per tick is miningskill+intellectual skill instead of minig*intellectual)
-Smelters suffer no penalty from being outdoors or working at extreme temperatures
-ore well properly yields random chunks instead of marble only
-ore well properly yields plasteel and uranium ore instead of smelted metal

perfect!
Mein Herz brennt

aka13

Hello!

I am really enjoying your mod. It ties in great with rimfeller and rimatomics. I was wondering though, why the coal restriction for iron/simplier ores processing? Chemfuel is a replenishable lategame fuel source, especially with rimfeller.

Do you mind considering adding recipes for chemfuel-based smelting for the simple ores?

WolfgangPolska

I want to rework the system into 4 basic tiers:
Tribal, medieval, industrial and spacer. It seems that, despite being unpopular, oil-powered foundries are a real thing, so I will consider it maybe in spacer tier

aka13

Sounds great. But do take your time, I am of course in no way demanding it.

Also, if thinking in these tiers, arc foundries are a thing.

carpediembr

I looked up the thread and couldnt find more info about COAL.

Is the only way to obtain it is on the mining well?