[1.0] Remote Doors

Started by TGPArcher, December 08, 2018, 06:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGPArcher

Description
New tech for rim worlds now available, this mod adds remote technologies such as:

• Remote Controller - an controller which can access other remote objects and activate their functionality
       - section: Misc
       - research required: Electricity
  • Remote Door - a new type of door which can be opened or closed only by the remote controller
       - section: Structures
      - research required: Autodoors
  • Remote Embrasure - a new type of wall with an embrasure, it is closed by default but when activated by a remote controller it opens and you can shoot through
       - section: Structures
      - research required: Autodoors

Download
GitHub: [1.0]RemoteDoors(1.0)

License
Do what you want, but give the author credit.

Showcase

Navy1227

temple_wing

Could you make the Embrasure door to be able to opened and closed ether manually or remotely (put a button on the wall or something like that).

TGPArcher

Quote from: temple_wing on December 09, 2018, 03:31:50 AM
Could you make the Embrasure door to be able to opened and closed ether manually or remotely (put a button on the wall or something like that).

The embrasure or the door?
Currently I plan to add a normal door with embrasure which can be opened manually no power required
I guess you are suggesting a door which can be opened manual(like vanilla doors) and remote? noted that

Rambus200

How compatible is it with the mod Locks and Extended Doors?

TGPArcher

Quote from: Rambus200 on December 09, 2018, 09:47:05 AM
How compatible is it with the mod Locks and Extended Doors?

I'll have try it and see.
If you have a big mod list you can try to add this mod and help me find incompatibilities, thx.

Kirby23590

Yes!

I was thinking about this mod!

Now i can build turrets locked behind those doors so they won't blow up from melee attackers! ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

MeGrrrr

TGPArcher,
this look brilliant, about to try it out. The mechanic sounds like it might be possible to effectively create bridge that can also open. I use the Rainbow Flambe mod RF Advanced Bridges https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46165 and it would be great if a deep water bridge could be opened or closed. A great way of limiting attack fronts.

The idea of a draw bridge seems to come up from time to time but I've not seen anyone tackle it.

TDATL

When I saw "remote doors" I thought "cool I've been looking for that feature."

When I saw "remote embrasures" I actually said out loud "yessssssssssssss" like some Saturday morning carton snake villain.

Now my dream trap will come true! The raiders are going to be in for a big surprise when they walk into the apparently open hallway only for the doors to slam shut, the hidden shutters to open, and the turrets mulch them.

TGPArcher

Quote from: TDATL on February 02, 2019, 11:47:03 AM
When I saw "remote doors" I thought "cool I've been looking for that feature."

When I saw "remote embrasures" I actually said out loud "yessssssssssssss" like some Saturday morning carton snake villain.

Now my dream trap will come true! The raiders are going to be in for a big surprise when they walk into the apparently open hallway only for the doors to slam shut, the hidden shutters to open, and the turrets mulch them.

I was waiting for this comment. Thank you ;)

Quote from: MeGrrrr on January 27, 2019, 07:14:35 PM
TGPArcher,
this look brilliant, about to try it out. The mechanic sounds like it might be possible to effectively create bridge that can also open. I use the Rainbow Flambe mod RF Advanced Bridges https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46165 and it would be great if a deep water bridge could be opened or closed. A great way of limiting attack fronts.

The idea of a draw bridge seems to come up from time to time but I've not seen anyone tackle it.

I don't think it will be as simple as for a door, but it is possible. The only problem is the fact that I don't have time to look after the mods :(
So for now they will be blocked in this state. Sorry

aemeyer

For a colony to be able to build advanced AI spaceships and advanced targeting AI turrets, not being able to have an electronically locked security system was always a little weird and this finally fixes that.

Now if only I could find the TV remote under all my furniture mods...

Bunkier

any chances for time based doors that will open on certain hours?

TGPArcher

Quote from: sma342 on March 07, 2019, 03:10:54 PM
any chances for time based doors that will open on certain hours?

As I said in a previous post, I am low on time so no changes soon, at last from me. If there is someone willing to do it we'll all be happy