Please no more caravan request with apparel.

Started by windruf, December 09, 2018, 04:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windruf

1 get caravan request with 50+ apparel
2 use dev tools to get yourself enough
3 send caravan
4 try not to kill someone, when you come to other village and you counted wrong  ;)

possible solutions:
remove apparel from list of possible caravan requests
add filtering to item transfer screen
add filtering based on current caravan request

Canute

Could you please explain more where the bug is ?
Other people would be happy if they just got caravan request and no bandit camps, because they want it more peaceful.
You just got unlucky with these events, but your know your mashine can smell that things and manipulate the random generator in that way! :-)

And you can ignore the requests without consequence, so you don't need to force to do them.

k2ymg

This is not a bug but I agree to frustration about caravan request.

Steps:
1 Pause recipes like 'burn apparels'.
2 Disallow to colonists to wear the apparels by apparel policy.
3 Open form-caravan screen to count the items because there is no UI to count it. Prepare a memo-pad and calculator. Sort-by-name is not working(*1) and items has split by quality, material and HP.
4 Do a recipe. When finish the recipe, check 3 again.
5 Find out the site which sent the request because there is no UI to find it.
6 Send a caravan. Require a memo-pad for gather the items carefully.
7 Prepare a transport-pod for a case that our calculation was mistake.
8 Restore the apparel policy and recipes when the request finished.

(*1: I translated this game for myself and I make item name format to '<name> <material>' order for sort-by-name works more effective.)

I guess, as overall the game, problems is just UI. For example, sometime I send wrong colonists to travel because, in form-caravan screen, colonists name is located most left side and check-button is most right side. About the sort, my interest is who have weapon and healthy, or same member that previous travel. Not market value. About food restriction, I wanted this feature but not use now because it's not good for caravan. Just few days ago, I found out how to change apparels during travel. First time, I didn't understand how to use it. It's require drag and drop. Move items with drag and drop is not common in this game. Modal alert dialog, etc... etc...

Anyway, in previous beta version, I was ignoring all caravan events since it hasn't benefit for me. But now, not. Caravan is important. I want more healer mech serum! :)

windruf

problem is: when you have lots of same apparel in different material and quality(1-2 of each), it is far more, than PinA to get right amount.
it maybe not a bug, but i haven't seen something that annoying in a game for awhile.

5thHorseman

A simple "does this caravan satisfy this request" indicator would be awesome.

Also, I've thought for a long time that things should not be "(ingredient) (item) (quality)" but instead "(item) (quality) - (ingredient)". That way, all of your Dusters would show up like this:

Duster (normal) - Cloth
Duster (normal) - lightleather
Duster (poor) - Devilstrand

instead of:
Cloth Duster (normal)
Devilstrand Duster (poor)
Lightleather Duster (normal)

This would make it far easier to select your 50 dusters of Normal and better quality.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Canute

How the game should know the current caravan is underway for these trade request ?
So the destination allready need to be set at the caravan setup when you select the route.
That is more part for suggestion.

windruf

Quote from: Canute on December 09, 2018, 05:47:54 PM
How the game should know the current caravan is underway for these trade request ?

a drop down field with a list of all requests would be enough.

5thHorseman

Quote from: windruf on December 09, 2018, 11:55:58 PM
Quote from: Canute on December 09, 2018, 05:47:54 PM

a drop down field with a list of all requests would be enough.

Yeah, or just list them all in the copious margin space around the caravan loading screen. There can't be more than a few of these requests at a time.

CARAVAN REQUESTS

TownDays AwayDays LeftItemIn CaravanWorn
New Hope1.82715 Bedrolls3-
Livingston5.32757 Cowboy Hats01
Aberdale4174 LMGs02

Or something like that.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Kenneth

Since this isn't a bug, I moved it to suggestions.

k2ymg

Few days ago, I got a request that require 100 bowler hats. I rejected it because the reward is a golden knife. lol.

Anyway, I feeling I want two functions like below:

- Find or list something: current active events, caravan requests, enemy outposts, (orbital) trader caravans. location of sites that requesting something, location of my caravans, location of visitors, colonists who lost limbs, dropped and forbidden items, forbidden corpse, etc.

- Filter of item list. only show food, only show weapons, only show apparels, not show tainted items, etc.

giannikampa

totally agree with this requests. (not abolishing some caravan requests, but giving control on the caravan formation).
a lot can be done, from better info arrangement in the screen (did anybody asked for highlighting the whole line like in animals menu? and the click an drag for faster all in all out action?), to some better "filtering" and sorting.
i feel so much frustration when i forgot to load the proper amount of bedrolls/medicine/drugs/healty pack animals.
sometimes i decide to not form a caravan just because the amount of repetitions and checks needed through that infinite list of things i got, plus the risk of making mistakes i already made again and again.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english