My Mod Ideas

Started by thomasagray, December 09, 2018, 06:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasagray

I've got a lot of ideas for mods of Rimworld:

Suppression of Mental: compatible with Snap out of it, but instead of trying to calm the pawn down, the person will shout symbols in floating text and aim a gun at them to suppress their mental break. This is mainly for violent breaks and social fights but can be done towards rivals. The symbols are in a floating text format (orange is successful, red if failed), kinda like an armed guard shouting in Prison Architect. More successful than gently calming the person down but has a negative impact of relations and can result in berserk rages if failed. The worse the pawn's mood, the worse the opinion of the pawn in the mental state is, the more likely he/she will try to suppress rather than calm the person down. Of course, more violent and scary breaks, such as social fights, can only be suppressed.

Observing and Learning: If a colonist is near someone performing an activity (around 5 squares), they may learn by observing the act; the skill has a chance to increase by a random percentage of the worker's increase in skill, chance and percentage are higher if closer.

Opportune Ambush: Your caravan has spotted a hostile party that is unaware of your presence. You can either pass by to avoid confrontation, or ambush them. If you choose to ambush them, the encounter will be generated and you will have to fight the enemy party, but with your party having the advantage of surprise.

Weight Bench: A recreational item, a bench with a large weight, requires the colonist to have both arms and hands intact to use. The colonist will lift the weight while sitting on the bench. Not only does this improve melee skill (muscle training), but it is also a nice form of exercise, releasing some stress and improving the mood for some time. Sometimes colonists can get the mental break exercise spree; they want to vent their frustrations out working out before it turns into something serious.

Mechanoids Passing By: a neutral random event, a group of well armed mechanoids have entered the area and seem passive for the moment. They can be attacked but will fight back fiercely if provoked. (A group of armed mechanoids are passing through the colony. Though generally hostile, they seem passive for the moment. You can attack them, but they will fight back fiercely if provoked.) This event can happen even from the start of the game or on peaceful setting.

Slight/Insult not taken: sometimes (like in reality) a person doesn't get the insult or slight directed at him/her and may either ignore it or laugh at it and take it as a joke. The result is relation not worsening towards the offender. Higher social skill increases the chance of that happening. This is indicated by the slight/insult icon in a green bubble.

Calvin Custom: a storyteller who brings events with types and frequency based on your preferences. He can be relaxed and give you goodies if you prefer, or he can be cruel and merciless if you want him to.

Flashlight: a tool mounted on a pawn's head or chest area, produces a cone of light for the person to see better in the dark. Used in low light or at night outside, pawns with this item work better and have the mood modifier Darkness w/ flashlight (-2, "I dislike being in the dark but having a flashlight helps a bit."). Does not degrade if not being used.

JackWearskin

Those sound good. Let us know when you need testers.

thomasagray

Updated this. Also thought of mod that adds extreme versions of a few negative events, which are very rare but add a new level of challenge to the game:

1. Toxic Blight (extreme version of blight): "A colonist has noticed an unusual blight affecting your crops. This particular blight releases toxic odors harmful to anyone too close and it's too dangerous to cut the afflicted crops. You will need to find some way to burn the blighted crops from a distance." (Toxic Blight is indicated with purple indicator instead of orange-yellow indicator.)

2. Zzztt... BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! (Extreme version of Zzztt...): A severe fault in the conduit results in a simultaneous major short circuit and overload in the electrical grid. All stored Watts of energy are discharged in a chain reaction of explosions and several active batteries have broken down.

3. Psychic Drone (All) (Extreme version of psychic drone): This particular drone affects all colonists, regardless of gender, worsening their mood until it passes by.

"Every colonist of both the male and female gender winces in pain!

Some distant engine of hatred is stirring. It is projecting a powerful psychic drone over this region, on a frequency that seems to affect both the male and female gender. For a few days, all people's mood will be quite a bit worse.

The drone level is low/medium/high."

Kirby23590

I love some of the ideas here...

Especially with the Opportune Ambush and Mechanoids Passing By events, and the Slight/Insult not taken...

My favorite has to be Mechanoids Passing by adding something like... Hmmmm... Should i attack the Mechanoids for some Free Components and Plasteel? Or if i have the What the Hack?! mod i could one of them into mine!

And also this would open some emergence gameplay stuff with that event, like shooting a thrumbo nearby to make it start attacking the mechanoids or provoke the mechanoids to the attack me and the raiders at the door, and other stuff i that others might pull out from their heads...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

thomasagray

Looking for someone to do those mods since I'm not good at it. Who will volunteer to do at least one from this list?