Modding for 1.0

Started by (Chaos)Jester, December 09, 2018, 09:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Chaos)Jester

Okay, so... I joined the Ludeon forums not the long ago on a mission. I wanna mod junk (yay junk!) however I have no real idea on how to mod stuff. So I've googled my way around, found some out-dated information and wanted an update, what do I need to know? Is there anything important I should keep in mind? Where should I start?
Could someone throw me a bone here and lemme know what I need to know?

Ta; Chaos
"Don't do that!"

Canute

Hi,
take a look at the stickies of the subforum help.
There are alot of guides for XML and C# stuff.

Kirby23590

Check out the How to Make a RimWorld Mod, Step by Step by Jecrell & Mod-making Tutorials on the Wiki posted by Tynan himself & the Roxxploxx's Modding Guide

These might help you in your mod making journey but be warned they might be outdated a bit... Also if you have Rimworld if you have bought from steam or from ludeon, it's best to check the Mods Folder and Look at the Core Folder and the Defs...
Make Sure you make a Backup of the Core Folder! ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

(Chaos)Jester

Thank you both, I'll take a poke later tonight and *hopefully* get a start on something small. Any further suggestions are welcome, I'll close this at the end of the week (16/12/18 0000 AEST) or there abouts!
"Don't do that!"

Shinzy

Just finding a simple mod with just a few files to rummage through helps tremendously at grasping what's going on

and the good old caveman tactic of just changing or adding a value somewhere and see ingame what has changed is real good way to get in the thick of it. (if you haven't had anything to do with any sort of code or scripting before)

Canute

Try to made a new cooking recipe.
With many veg's a few meat.

After that
Create a weapon

then create an appareal (don't forget the textures).