Thrumbo in version 1.0 is the lamest of all builds

Started by Yoshida Keiji, December 12, 2018, 07:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMeInTeam

If you're willing to call that cheese, you're effectively saying that you consider your own gameplay cheese.

That or you play without constructing doors.

Shurp

I only resort to ducking inside and playing door games when I'm clearly outmatched and I know that I need cheese to stay alive.  Such as when 16 raiders show up at my base and I only have 6 defenders left behind because I sent 7 out to raid an outpost and my 14th colonist is locked in his bedroom suffering alcohol withdrawal (most recent raid).

My normal strategy is to stand behind wall/sandbag fortifications and stuff bullets in raiders as they run through the open field of fire between the perimeter wall breach and my defenses.  Unfair?  Yes -- but those raiders that stand and shoot do have a chance, as do those who make it across No-Man's Land and get dogpiled.  I'd call that "cheese flavored" but not actual real cheese.  Non-dairy cheese substitute perhaps?

If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

RicRider

I care too much about keeping my colonists alive so I'll do anything to make that happen. Why take risks with a sandbag when you can do it risk free by door sniping?
##Coding Scrub##

Shurp

Well, that's the difference.  I don't care if my colonists get killed, there's always plenty more out there to recruit.  I only get upset if they get maimed because then I have a drooling idiot who can't do much but I also can't get rid of.

Fortunately the only really irreversible injury is the headshot... actually, by not wearing helmets I'm greatly reducing the risk of having brained colonists.  I just get dead ones instead.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.