[1.0] Animal head trophy v0.09 - ALPHA

Started by togfox, December 14, 2018, 06:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

togfox

Animal head trophies
ALPHA VERSION

Description:
Have you ever wished to hunt a deer and then preserve and mount the deer's head in your recreation room? This mod will let you do exactly that.

More information:
This mod lets you hunt a deer and then "butcher" the head at a butcher's spot or butchers table. You then need to take the deer head to the crafting table and "craft" the preserved deer head and mount it on a pedestal.

The preserved and mounted deer head can be placed in any room to give an art bonus to that room.

Balanced
It takes the same crafting time as a small steel sculpture and provides the same art/beauty value as a small steel sculpture.

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD:
Please note that this is an Alpha version. It is functional and it won't break your save game but there are some immersion breaking aspects to this mod that are still under development:

• it uses just one deer head texture no matter what animal you preserve - to be fixed in future versions
  • you can create a deer head from any corpse - even a turtle head! To be fixed in future versions

At the moment, this mod allows you to craft a deer head to place in every room. With help from this community I'll strive to making this a fully fledged mod.

Adding this mod won't break your save game.

Author/Mod Team

• togFox
  • RDMJoker
Download
Dropbox link
Animal head trophies v0.09 Alpha

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

To remove this mod from your save game:

• Destroy all animal heads and animal head trophies you have in your colony(s)
  • Delete the animal head bills you have at your butcher spots, butcher table and crafting tables
  • Remove the mod from the RIMWORLD main menu
  • Delete the animal head mod folder from your computer

Copyright

• all art and assets are modified vanilla assets with copyright retained by the original copyright owner
  • copyright for the original creative content provided by the mod authors remains with the mod authors

Change log:

v0.06
Initial release

v0.09
Fixed the beauty of the mounted head to be the same as a small steel sculpture.

publicuser

You can also make animal skin carpets into mod

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ames

A nice decor addition! Would love to see the completed version of this mod. I have a few animal mods. So, I hope this doesnt conflict with those mods.

Canute

QuoteDescription:
Have you ever wished to hunt a deer and then preserve and mount the deer's head in your recreation room? This mod will let you do exactly that.
What about the head of faction leader's ?

RDMJoker

Hello there! I'm one of the creators and wanted to quickly answer some questions if I can.

Quote from: Ames on December 15, 2018, 07:12:47 AM
A nice decor addition! Would love to see the completed version of this mod. I have a few animal mods. So, I hope this doesnt conflict with those mods.

For now, since the mod does basically not care what animal is used for the trophy, it should not conflict with any other mods out there. We also did not alter any already existing game values or files at this point so it is safe to use with whatever animal mods you like and love!

Quote from: publicuser on December 15, 2018, 04:36:21 AM
You can also make animal skin carpets into mod

That sounds like an interesting idea! We will keep it in mind and see if we maybe work on it at some point. For now this mod has priority.

Quote from: Canute on December 15, 2018, 07:29:12 AM
QuoteDescription:
What about the head of faction leader's ?

Interesting idea. We will keep it in mind and see if we maybe work on it at some point, altho it is not currently anything we plan on doing. But it will be added to a list of potential future mods.

Best regards,
RDMJoker
For glory and mankind!
Check out my Mod Update Megathread if you have request for mod updates, patches, translations or mods.

Ames

Really looking forward to this! I really wanted a mod like this for a long time. So good luck! My best wishes to you all!

togfox

v0.09 is now available. The mod is now functional. You can craft this and place it in your colony and it will act and be treated like real art.  :) 

Completely balanced for vanilla.

There are some immersion breaking things we still need to fix but if you use the mod as designed (hunt a deer - mount the deer head) then you should find this a little bit of fun.

We still have more to do so subscribe and follow the mod progress. Thanks to RDM Joker for keeping this mod on track!

publicuser

Dr_Zhivago

I've been taking on the updating of the mod "Vanilla Animals Overhaul" and in that mod there are animal horns from butchered corpses. Maybe we could create a way for you to use them for mounted horns?

Edit:
Github: https://github.com/DrZhivago1/KK_AnimalOverhaul
Ludeon: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47165.msg447419#msg447419

togfox

Anything is possible.  :) Cross-mod compatibility is definately something I'd love to support.

I'll add it to the road map!