Do sleeping or recreation have hidden priority?

Started by khun_poo, December 15, 2018, 06:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khun_poo

I just notice that when there's a fire inside my home zone. Colonist prefer to beat it out instead of sleeping (even if they're dead tired and on the sleeping schedule) if their Firefighting is set to "1".  If their Firefighting are "2" or lower, they'll go to sleep instead if their schedule is sleeping.

Even if they have another priority set to "1". For example, doctor have other pawn bleeding on their dead bed. They'll ignore them and head to sleep if their schedule is "Sleep".

But why firefight stop the colonist to sleep and beat the fire out even if their schedule is sleep?

Is it possible that the "Sleeping" activity are actually hidden in the colonist's priority tab?

While I'm at it... I'll add "Recreation" activity in the topic too just in case everyone know about their priority of it.

Thank you for reading  :)

Bozobub

Yes, firefighting has a somewhat elevated priority over many/most otherwise equivalent tasks, as far as I can tell.  But I LIKE it that way; fires are a real problem and I can always change task priorities if sleep becomes an issue ^^'.
Thanks, belgord!

patoka

i would have always preferred being able to sort the jobs. makes little sense that full time docs go to sleep when they arent done with saving lives. at the same time you should also be able to make surgeries less important, since noone's life depends on it in general. especially when you are as evil as me and replace prisoners' legs and teeth with wood, steal their organs and give them luci and set them loose only for them to come back as easily killable sources of luci.
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

Shurp

I'm still struggling with recreation boredom in Rimworld.  I've discovered that television watching is considered a separate recreation type, so after the pawns are done with meditating, horseshoe throwing, and chatting, they'll still watch TV.  Is there a list somewhere of the recreation types so I can tell if adding something like a chess table will be a new recreation type or will just be an extra item using existing types?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

antibodee

Quote from: Shurp on December 23, 2018, 05:21:50 PM
I'm still struggling with recreation boredom in Rimworld.  I've discovered that television watching is considered a separate recreation type, so after the pawns are done with meditating, horseshoe throwing, and chatting, they'll still watch TV.  Is there a list somewhere of the recreation types so I can tell if adding something like a chess table will be a new recreation type or will just be an extra item using existing types?

The newest patch tells you all the possible recreation types you are missing when they hit 'boredom.'

Shurp

It pops up suggestions, yes, but it didn't say anything about television watching until after I had built a TV.  And I hadn't built a TV previously because I didn't realize it would qualify as a separate type.  So now I'm wondering what other types I'm missing and what else I should be building.

I suppose I could browse Mods/Core to find out, but I'm feeling lazy this morning :)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.