[1.0] Zetrith's Multiplayer

Started by Zetrith, December 16, 2018, 11:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetrith

Quote from: notfood on January 05, 2019, 04:15:15 AM
What should I watch/do to make my assembly mods compatible with multiplayer?
Thanks for interest. There should be an API with a compatibility guide available soon.

5KScar

I'm running a stable 64 mod server along with 4 people.
Awesome :)

Relnor

Quote from: Bluntflame on December 16, 2018, 04:55:20 PM
Player's username: CODEX
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean)
Multiplayer.Client.Multiplayer:.cctor()
Does not connect

Having a pirated version and not even having the shame to change the name to hide it before you have the gall to ask for support. Yikes.

Maern

Quote from: 5KScar on January 06, 2019, 12:46:18 PM

You already posted this.  Another poster asked that you list these stable mods, and then you never replied. 

What is the point of saying you've got it stable with so many mods if you're not going to report back with the mods you're using?  Seems pretty rude, tbh.

5KScar

Quote from: Maern on January 06, 2019, 06:22:07 PM
Quote from: 5KScar on January 06, 2019, 12:46:18 PM

You already posted this.  Another poster asked that you list these stable mods, and then you never replied. 

What is the point of saying you've got it stable with so many mods if you're not going to report back with the mods you're using?  Seems pretty rude, tbh.

I'll post it every time I expand the modlist ;D

Umbrador

Quote from: Maern on January 06, 2019, 06:22:07 PM

Check discord server. There is a list of supported mods . Not here.

GaldorOfNihelm

This mod seems awesome, I can't wait to try it out with my friend.
It is kind of a type of saviour for us, because we both really enjoy the game, but wanted to play it together, and when it was announced that multiplayer was not going to be a thing, my friend started loosing interest after a while.

So I am really hyped to playing with him, thank you for making this mod!

GaldorOfNihelm

Okey so just got to try it out, we really liked it.
We basically didn't have any problems at all, the only one was that we desynched two times in a 3-4 hour playstreak.

So all in all it is a really well made mod, and made Rimworld a thousand times better, because playing with friends is always more enjoyable!

nekiy_4el

Simulating all world and characters' moves from beggining is the only way to do a multiplayer in RimWorld? Maybe you should try to split pawns between players and sync structures? Mb too bad eng, sry

Ibrahym

I hope someday that each one of the players have its own faction, so i can raid my friend XD
Keep it up man

radrakkan

Wow, it actually works!
I've found only two bugs so far:
- Development mode causes desync/doesn't work
- You can change the proffesion name of colonists but other players can't see it

Zetrith

Quote from: radrakkan on January 16, 2019, 09:36:36 AM
Wow, it actually works!
I've found only two bugs so far:
- Development mode causes desync/doesn't work
- You can change the proffesion name of colonists but other players can't see it
Fixed in the newly released version 0.4 :)
https://github.com/Zetrith/Multiplayer/releases

rosssama

Hey, thanks for the mod!

I've been playing for a few days with my friend and it's been tons of fun. We were playing tonight and got hyped for the 0.4 release!! The only issue we seem to be running into is desync. We started a colony and everything went fine for a while with occasional desync until we reached about 250-300k wealth and ~17ish colonists (i think like the 2ish year mark), at that point the server couldn't keep up with us and we began to desync heavily enough to where we couldn't play on that save anymore. We could no longer run the game for even 5-10 seconds without it happening. No biggie, we just started a new colony and everything has been fine again so far. I have a fairly beefy PC and internet connection and can usually host things without an issue but I understand that the game isn't necessarily built for this type of thing, etc. I'll be keeping my eye on this mod carefully in the future.

Again, thanks for your hard work, it's been a blast and we're gonna keep using your mod for as long as we can! :-)

Do you have a patreon or anything like that by any chance? I wouldn't mind shamelessly trying to bribe some extra mod support, wink wink lol

TheBlackArrow

Amazing mod, hope you don't get overwhelmed with it all mind you, people are gonna bitch at you everyday when their save suddenly stops being supported because it's too large while you develop it 😂

GaldorOfNihelm

will you make a compatibility patch for Colony manager mod, because that mod is so convenient

Even if you dont, this mod is amazing, keep up the good work!