[1.0] Zetrith's Multiplayer

Started by Zetrith, December 16, 2018, 11:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetrith

Quote from: awildlurker on December 20, 2018, 03:16:34 AM
i cannot change animals/pawns areas to unrestricted after changing them to home/area #
Fixed in the latest version.

Quote from: jackfrancis on December 21, 2018, 08:28:29 AM
HOW DO I JOIN A GAME

cause when i do direct it just says "conection failed"
Remember that there needs to be an open server on the other side. There are no public servers available.

Quote from: ambivalence on December 21, 2018, 10:15:36 AM
Who played already, please, tell:

1. How many players can play simultaneously?
2. Do you bulid the same colony together controlling different pawns?
3. Is multiplayer planned officially, anybody knows?
1. It's limited only by the performance of your computer/network. I don't have an exact answer, but the number is probably relatively big.
2. Everyone is playing/controlling the same game
3. As far as I know there are no official plans for a multiplayer mode

Crable

Hi!

First off thanks for making this mod. I am sure tons of people are excited for this.
Before I can get home and try this. My question is if: I play with a friend can one of us go to another tile so we basically have our own colonies on our own tiles? Or is this currently disabled?

I think the dream would to to have many many people playing on one server in a world where you build your colony and have wars, alliances, and what not. Imagine that...

Traditionology

Guolin

Hi, I'm loving this mod so far! One question: are there plans to add compatibility for caravan events, and if so, do you have an ETA for adding it? Caravan events is probably the best reason to havemultiple players in Rimworld.

Lexian2

Hi Zetrith,

absoluty great Idea. My an some of my friends tried it and it work perfektly. We also tried to use some mods and the small ones worked quite good.

thank you for making this Mod

awildlurker

Whats up with these walls?

[attachment deleted due to age]

xST0rM

Mod is amazing, but when I play with my friend for about 10min i have nonstop message like desync broke up and wrong game state on map 0. I dont know how to repair this. My friend also have this message showing when I host the game. Any help?

Zetrith

Quote from: Crable on December 21, 2018, 01:33:53 PM
Hi!

First off thanks for making this mod. I am sure tons of people are excited for this.
Before I can get home and try this. My question is if: I play with a friend can one of us go to another tile so we basically have our own colonies on our own tiles? Or is this currently disabled?

I think the dream would to to have many many people playing on one server in a world where you build your colony and have wars, alliances, and what not. Imagine that...
Caravans and settlements are supported, but they might not work as well as other parts of the game.

Quote from: Guolin on December 21, 2018, 03:32:13 PM
Hi, I'm loving this mod so far! One question: are there plans to add compatibility for caravan events, and if so, do you have an ETA for adding it? Caravan events is probably the best reason to havemultiple players in Rimworld.
Caravans are enabled and just some incidents related to them aren't. More info: https://github.com/Zetrith/Multiplayer/wiki/Disabled-features

Quote from: awildlurker on December 21, 2018, 11:59:49 PM
Whats up with these walls?
Could you send me a replay from that game (preferably on Discord)? Also, do you have any mods enabled?

Quote from: xST0rM on December 22, 2018, 06:44:14 AM
Mod is amazing, but when I play with my friend for about 10min i have nonstop message like desync broke up and wrong game state on map 0. I dont know how to repair this. My friend also have this message showing when I host the game. Any help?
Are you using any mods? Here's some info about desyncs: https://github.com/Zetrith/Multiplayer/wiki/Desyncs

xST0rM

Only mod I use is yours Multiplayer and basic Core. What do you  mean unsychronized interface interactions? How to recognize or something.
I will use your advice maybe this will help. Plus even if I had desync i tried to resync but this didnt work well. I mean after resync it again showed up.
I have few questions to you.
Could you tell me your discord? (I would send desync files to patch)
Does it depend on torrent-download version or Steam bought game?
What will happen when I delete my desync files next to the save folder, Will it be useful or I need to keep these files?
Will you enable an option to play with mods?

Of course Zetrith, keep up the great work. This the best mod I`ve ever seen on RimWorld. Playing with friends is so much fun

Zetrith

Quote from: xST0rM on December 22, 2018, 12:48:56 PM
Could you tell me your discord? (I would send desync files to patch)
Does it depend on torrent-download version or Steam bought game?
What will happen when I delete my desync files next to the save folder, Will it be useful or I need to keep these files?
Will you enable an option to play with mods?
Here's the Discord server: https://discord.gg/UMZzxEM
You can safely delete the desync files, although they delete themselves automatically when there are too many.
You can already play with mods, but most of them will probably not work. https://github.com/Zetrith/Multiplayer/wiki/FAQ

xST0rM

Thanks, but what about unsynchronized interface interactions what do mean and how to recognize it?  :P

EDIT: I already fixed it. I just disabled all antivirus programs and Windows Defender Security one option.

Zetrith

Quote from: xST0rM on December 22, 2018, 01:36:32 PM
Thanks, but what about unsynchronized interface interactions what do mean and how to recognize it?  :P

It's those which haven't yet been covered by the mod. You would need to look into the code to distinguish them. Practically all of vanilla interface is supported, but the unsupported parts are guaranteed to desync the game. The problem is with finding them.

xST0rM

Yep, this should be also useful for others. At the moment I just disabled some antivirus programs and works better than before, now I get rarely Desync.

In the further in this mod updates is there a posibility to have Desync showing up never or rarely without doing some patches etc.?  ;)

Nylux

Sent a Pull Request for the french translation !
I do english to french translations. I'm not the best, but if you need something translated hmu.

awildlurker

How do i make replays also im only playing with core and multiplayer