Game stuck at x1 speed forever

Started by Skullbotrock, December 17, 2018, 01:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullbotrock

I've played through Rimworld twice now and never had any issues. On my 3rd playthrough I added the GeneticRim and What the Hack mods. Everything wen't fine until about the mid-game. I realized I could no longer double or triple speed gameplay. The arrows DO NOT have a line through them but when I click them nothing happens. (there might be a slight increase in speed but it's hard to tell)  Thinking it might be a performance issue I slaughtered animals, cleared out storage and reduced stockpiles to the bare essentials but it didn't help. Checking the forums I heard good things about RuntimeGC but noticed no performance improvements...I'm wondering if it's a glitch rather than a hardware issue?

I loaded my girlfriend's colony with minimal mods and ran at x3 with no issues.

At this point I'm out of ideas but will probably quit this colony if I can't use x3 speed.

Mod list in order: Hugslib, Mod Manger, RuntimeGC, Mint Menus, Faction Control, ShowModDesignators, Faction Interaction, GeneticRim, psychology, What the Hack, Madskills, EPOE, Pawn Control, XXL (new mod to me), Animal Logic, Interaction Bubbles (I dont think it works with psychology), Consolidated Traits, Death Rattle, Birds Bees, Color-coded bar, Numbers, Blueprints, heat map, allow tool, smart medicine, predator alert, where is my weapon and rimfridge.

Do you think removing any of those would help? Are there any there that are redundant?

Canute

Hi,
when you can run only x1 speed, normaly a combat happen somewhere.
Check all your pawns (coloniest and animals) on all maps.
Does your map got some big unkown areas ? Maybe the fight happen there ? Use developer tools to reveal the map or dig a way through the mountains. Just to check it out you can reload the safegame.

It would be a different if you got a massive lag (from an error spawm) or forced pause (from critical errors) all the time.
Then i would ask for a logfile.
Btw. the green button at the logwindow (Share logs) give a link that include modlist and logfile.

QuoteInteraction Bubbles (I dont think it works with psychology)
No known issue, should work well together.

Skullbotrock

I didn't realize I needed to manually do RuntimeGC. That seemed to clear up my issues. I'll let you know if anything continues to happen.

As far as Psychology and Speech Bubbles I haven't noticed any in quite some time...