Imported colonists from old save and now they can't use beds

Started by plurl, January 12, 2019, 10:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plurl

I imported colonists from one save to another using everything between <Thing Def="Pawn"> and </Thing> and now they can't sleep in beds. They will collapse onto the floor in exhaustion.

Things I've tried:
- Set restrictions to 24 hours of sleep
- Removed and reset their zone restrictions; restricted them to a zone that was just beds
- Tried sleeping spots, beds, and bedrolls
- Set beds to "prisoner" and "medical" and then back
- Assigned & unassigned beds

Note: they can use medical beds once they're injured, just not normal beds.

My guess is that there's something I've missed in the savegame file that needs to be reset by editing it manually. Any ideas?

ManHuntingSquirrel

- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

Shurp

Where in the save file is pawn faction assigned?  They probably still belong to the prior colony faction and can't sleep in your beds any more than the friendly outlanders and tribals who visit you.

You could try capturing them (force them into a prisoner bed) and releasing them and see if that helps.

And no, grabbing pawns from one save file and expecting them to work in another is certainly not supported behavior, so I wouldn't call this a bug.

--------------------------------

Update: it looks like "Faction_9" is what you need:

<faction>Faction_9</faction>

unless something else weird is going on.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.