Steam

Started by oldskoolsouljaz, July 14, 2014, 02:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccrunner17

I will buy instantly if there is a way to avoid pay pal :)

Deux

Hmmmm bit coin could work lol

Architect

Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

StorymasterQ

Put the cash in a nondescript briefcase. Bring the briefcase to your nearest park. A Ludeon agent will approach you. Exchange the briefcase with a disc containing the game. Go home and play. No cops.

:D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Tynan

Quote from: StorymasterQ on July 17, 2014, 09:00:03 PM
Put the cash in a nondescript briefcase. Bring the briefcase to your nearest park. A Ludeon agent will approach you. Exchange the briefcase with a disc containing the game. Go home and play. No cops.

We're never so unprofessional. You leave the briefcase, walk halfway around the block, and find the disc under a trashcan with a chalk mark on it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

DeltaV

I've seen some games (Europa Universalis IV comes to mind) where the 'betas' tab lets you pick from older versions as well - that said, I have no idea how it works.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Tynan

Quote from: DeltaV on July 17, 2014, 09:41:28 PM
I've seen some games (Europa Universalis IV comes to mind) where the 'betas' tab lets you pick from older versions as well - that said, I have no idea how it works.

That's the way we'd have to do it, but that's a bit of a hack.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ender

Quote from: Tynan on July 17, 2014, 09:01:59 PM

We're never so unprofessional. You leave the briefcase, walk halfway around the block, and find the disc under a trashcan with a chalk mark on it.

I'm certainly glad our wondrous developer has a good sense of humor, would be a much duller forum without a sense of humor from our one and only "transcendent" :P
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Ender on July 18, 2014, 03:13:26 AM
Quote from: Tynan on July 17, 2014, 09:01:59 PM

I'm certainly glad our wondrous developer has a good sense of humor, would be a much duller forum without a sense of humor from our one and only "transcendent" :P

What do you mean humor? That's how I got my copy of Rimworld :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

oldskoolsouljaz

I bought it anyway and It is awesome well done!! I'm glad I didn't try and wait for a steam release.  I was a bit hesitant because all the other "work in progress" games I've bought have given me a lot of problems lock ups or just not complete enough and the game doesn't work properly at all!  Very Happy that this was not the case!  I've had no problems other than pirate attacks robot attacks and trying to arrest all visitors and being attacked and getting all my colonist killed or kidnapped lol! anyway to get back a kidnapped colonist? I have one colonist left out of 5 and 1 prisoner! lol!

PS I've been recommending it to all my gaming friends lol!

Dr. Z

Could someone explain why so many people hate paypal? I never had any issues with it so I'm curious.
Prasie the Squirrel!

starscream

i have nothing against paypal, but i was waiting for the steam release.  it promises release this year, but i'm not too sure on it, the steam page hasn't been updated since alpha 2

RawCode

moding "native" part of game to mod assembly will allow version selection...

simply game will have mods "core_A1" "core_A2" and soo on with all native part moved to mod stored assemblyes.
this will greatly increase game size but will allow to select version.

implementing this possible by coding something like reinstrumentation classloader (class loader that able to alter byte[] of class before class is defined)

Serrate Bloodrage

@Dr.Z I can only answer for myself- I have enough passwords and accounts with every internet service that I need without adding extras that are on top of having stuff that already does the same thing.
However, rimworld was well worth steppibg out of my comfort zone. No regrets here. If I had the choice I would have chosen steam though

If only my colonist could have 'personal time' to reduced stress =D

nuschler22

I just have to say that I'm a finicky consumer, and I have been happy purchasing this as it is.  The fact that you get the game through multiple alphas makes it even more playable for me since the game is constantly changing and bringing new life to it. 

I doubt the vast majority of people who purchase it would have any qualms with the game on Steam.