Rim World end-game and Ending

Started by RaitzuViMate, July 14, 2014, 08:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaitzuViMate

So I finished this game for the first time, and it was bit exciting, specially because I got raided by large inhabitant forces. + great mods

####SPOILER########SPOILER########SPOILER########
But the ending sucked ALOT.
like wtf? you need like total 20k metal to build all ship parts and around 10 sleeppods. and then you get like 2 sentences long text that just says that your crew might be get stuck into another planet again. and then gives you two options:

1.(keep playing) "forces you to play in that same planet without anyone there" = game over

2.(Quit to menu) "makes you to go mainmenu" = game over..

+ there wasn't anyking of animation that would show the ship actually leaving from the planet, just (game freeze) after clicking "launch"

what point is to do that ship if its same than just leaving the game when you have researched everything from game..
And its funny cus game creator did do this update for like 2 months.. nothing more than just couple ship items and some text.
####SPOILER########SPOILER########SPOILER########

Fernbhoy

if you kept up to date with the dev news you'd know he was on holiday for 1 month for starters. It's an alpha, it's not meant to be completed in a few months time.

RaitzuViMate

Well I stopped monitoring this game when there was no patch for several months.. tho I started playing this again after long time. PS. this game been in alpha for year (tho that isn't so bad) I know lot of games that been more than +3 years in alpha with bigger teams. mostly scam games tho

Halinder

When you say that Tynan spent 2 months on this update, it sounds like you mean/think he only spent time on the ship process. Alpha 5 brought more than that to the table, if that is what you mean. If you feel like the alpha is coming on too slowly, mods make way for plenty more.

Tynan

I was thinking of getting Al to write a song to go with this ending. But I wasn't even sure that the ending would remain part of the game. And in any case, we didn't have time to make a pile of content to support it within the A5 release timeframe.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Celthric Aysen

I just wanted to note that the game is still in early alpha stage, and everything you see in the current alpha is subjected to change.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

BetaSpectre

I want to see the colonists go to a new planet with the ship intact so you can book it if you want xD.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

user553

I kinda expected that I will be offered the option to start a new game with the colonists that were on the ship.

Gabriel_Braun

That's a good idea in some ways like a new game+ but the raider attacks would get ridiculous really quickly if you started a game with 10 power-armoured, R4-wielding dudes with levelled up skills from a previous game :D

BetaSpectre

Who cares right? New game+ is supposed to be a new experience heck if the player wanted to they could have just sent one colonist noble.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
                           TO WAR WE GO

Piata

Quote from: RaitzuViMate on July 14, 2014, 08:33:56 PM
Well I stopped monitoring this game when there was no patch for several months.. tho I started playing this again after long time. PS. this game been in alpha for year (tho that isn't so bad) I know lot of games that been more than +3 years in alpha with bigger teams. mostly scam games tho
Uh... what exactly were you expecting? The game is updated every month unless Tynan takes a vacation (which he's entitled to do). I would hope the game stays in alpha for at least another 6 months, if not 12 or more. I have yet to build a spaceship and even if I did, I wouldn't expect any big hullabaloo because I did. The game is really about everything that leads up to building the spaceship, not necessarily the spaceship (and ending) itself.

Fernbhoy

Architect

Stopped following after a few months of inaction? Are you insane lad? Other than space engineers, I literally cannot think of a single game that gets updated as frequently as this game with content that actually makes a difference. You're time scaling is on par with my own poor judgements :P Just in the opposite end of the spectrum.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

BetaSpectre

I hope that yearly updates don't whittle down to pay2win OP guns like many other games I've seen xD.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
                           TO WAR WE GO

Gabriel_Braun

As a backer and fan of starsector (used to be starfarer) I'm obliged to say that Tynan's update schedule has been amazing so far.  Alex has been sloppy and slow with fractal softworks development compared to Ludeon's constant releases and I daren't even start on Novus Aeterno that I paid for last year and still haven't seen a beta lol