Looking for a mod to freeze temperature (permanent summer)

Started by dvdmcwilliams, January 06, 2019, 11:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvdmcwilliams

Hey guys, i've searched almost the entire forum and workshop, but i cannot find what im looking for, what i want is a mod to freeze the temperature to have a permanent summer, i know there are some places in the map with this condition, but the matter is, the winter comes anyways, i want to set up a range of temps and get those ones while i play, do someone know if this kind of mod exist or how can set those?

jpinard

Quote from: dvdmcwilliams on January 06, 2019, 11:03:39 AM
the winter comes anyways

no it doesn't.  Just start a new map, up the temp and choose a spot with no winter.  It's literally like half the world.

Canute

Permanet summer just mean the overall temp. of that map is allways above 0°C (maybe a bit higher) so plant's can grow the whole year outside. (ofcourse a cold snap during winter can ruin your planing).

Perm. winter is the opposite, it is allways freezing.

If you choose a tile closer to the aquator, you will find a map you like.

Demoulius

I dont know of such a mod, but id ask why you would want that?  ???

For growing crops you can already setup greenhouses if you want to crow crops year round. Some biomes have precious little  drop in temperature as is. I have my current colony setup in a temporate forest and the temperature barely dips below 0. The worst ive had with a winter AND a cold snap was like -18 and that was a cake walk to deal with  :-\