A "Fallout Shelter" Total Conversion

Started by A Space Ostrich, December 31, 2018, 03:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Space Ostrich

I'd be very surprised if this isn't already a thing, but I can't find it for the life of me. I can find some Fallout mods, but they're concerned with weapons and armour and whatnot. This would be more of a scenario/world conversion. Instead of crashlanding on a far out world, you're creating a settlement (or a vault) in the radioactive wasteland of Earth. The game is perfect for this kind of mod. Is there one somewhere that I just haven't spotted? Would anybody be interested in creating one? I'm tempted to get back into Rimworld modding to work on it.

Holvr

Well, to create your own fallout experience, I'd recommend:

- As you've mentioned - using several mods that make the game look like fallout.
- Using the mod "DeepRim" by meowmeow. This allows you to mine multi-layered mountain fortress for all your Vault needs.
- Edit scenario so that the Toxic Fallout event is either permanent or super often.
- With the use of a devmode (or maybe there's a mod for that) you can set up a first floor of your vault.
- There are some mods that add leadership, so you could use that to get yourself an Overseer.
- "Doors Expanded" by Jecrell and "Locks" (With "Locks (DoorsExpanded)" patch) by Avius will allow you to make solid vault doors that no colonist can use. Use some embasures and a shitton of turrets to make raids a non-issue, or disable them altogether (if possible) so that you can focus solely on your Vault experience.
- Preferably edit the scenario so that every pawn will spawn with the "Undergrounder" trait, or else they will get the cabin fever.
- Advisably, use some mods that let you "create" pawns - either by cloning, or by natural reproduction etc. since you won't really be getting any outsiders or prisoner to recruit.

That should get you close enough without needing a specific full-conversion mod, I hope.

Bluntflame

If you need ruins, try the real ruins mod. It adds bases made by real people to the game randomly.

Bunkier

ya can also use Rimatomics for all that funky radioactive stuff, also with it i think you can set nuclear fallout event permanent as the Holvr said with the toxic one