[1.0,1.1] Deep Storage (functional)

Started by LWM, January 06, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Coolrah,
at the first log you posted i saw
QuoteRimWorld-LWM.DeepStorage-master:
The Master indicate you download it with the Clone or download button instead to get the latest release under the Release tab.
The master isn't a working mod by default execept you moded the files from "_Mod/LWM.DeepStorage" into the mod's main folder.

LWM

Quote from: Canute on November 26, 2019, 03:28:49 AM
Coolrah,
at the first log you posted i saw
QuoteRimWorld-LWM.DeepStorage-master:
The master isn't a working mod by default execept you moded the files from "_Mod/LWM.DeepStorage" into the mod's main folder.

Good catch - you have to put the "LWM.DeepStorage" folder (which is inside the _Mod folder) inside your game's "Mods" folder.  I finally got around the making a zipped "release" which is basically the same - you put the zip file in your Mods folder and then unzip it.

I did create the github more to keep track of the code than to distribute the mod, and it shoes  :-\

Coolrah

Ahh that's what fixed it. Much appreciated for the help fellas this mod really is a blessing honestly.

Canute

LVM,
how hard it would be to add a material filter for weapon/clothing racks ?

Just a question to you, how do you personaly handle it when you animal's can't haul to the storages ? A pawn focused on hauling and limited to home ?
At last you can change it at the option so animals can store at the storages too. Took me awhile to figure it out why my stockpiles allways was full and the storages pretty empty.

LWM

Quote from: Canute on February 09, 2020, 02:58:15 AM
LVM,

As hard as it would be to add a material filter to vanilla shelf.  Or to the generic stockpile filter - they all use the same logic.  If a mod author has already done it for stockpiles, getting it to apply to storage should be pretty easy.

Just a question to you, how do you personaly handle it when you animal's can't haul to the storages ? A pawn focused on hauling and limited to home ?
At last you can change it at the option so animals can store at the storages too. Took me awhile to figure it out why my stockpiles allways was full and the storages pretty empty.

I have a big room set up as a general stockpile, and just kind of leave it there.  Animals haul to that stockpile.  When a Hauler colonist carries something into the stockpile and looks for the next thing to carry, they pick up whatever is nearby and put it in storage.  Then, the next thing that is close goes into storage, etc.  I find it works well enough for me, but then I always have a few human haulers around.

I know one person who has the priority for the storage units set to Low.  So they use stockpile for usual stuff, but storage for overflow - so there's different ways to go about it.

--LWM

Canute

Quote from: LWM on February 09, 2020, 09:49:45 AM
Quote from: Canute on February 09, 2020, 02:58:15 AM
LVM,

As hard as it would be to add a material filter to vanilla shelf.  Or to the generic stockpile filter - they all use the same logic.  If a mod author has already done it for stockpiles, getting it to apply to storage should be pretty easy.
With Better Workbench Management you can setup bills that they count the selected materials only when you select that option at "craft until x".

But no need to force it, the storage is pretty fine like it is.

GrumpyProgrammer

Wow, let me just say that this mod is awesome! It's exactly what I was looking for in a storage mod; now I can finally have closets that don't look like a teenager's bedroom. I've been using it for about  day or so and haven't encountered any conflicts that I noticed (and I use a lot of mods).

Great work, LWM!

EDIT: Oops, look like I spoke too soon. It wasn't a big problem, though; the raw form of VGP Garden Fabrics cloth plants (Cotton Fibre, Raw Flax, and Raw Devilstrand) weren't showing up as storable in a hamper.

I made a VGP Garden Fabrics compatibility patch and it works fine. Do you want it? It's easily done on your own (it's basically just the VGP Vegetable Garden patch, but with the variables changed), but I can send it to you if you'd rather not be bothered by such a tiny change.

Canute

Grumpy,
since they are raw material's you need to store them at pallets.
But i think from the logic they should be at food basket too, like psychid/smokeleaf leaves.

And i don't know why (adv.) component can't be stored at the pallets too, they only can be stored at the tall shelves. But ok they are protected there even outdoors.

And about tall shelves, it is allowed to store centipede there, but since they weight 140kg they can't stored there (max. 90kg).

LWM

Actually, I was planning to add the fleeces and raw cotton from Slight More Reaslistic Wool Production and ...whatever the cotton one is... to the hampers.  The ones from VGP would also go there, as well as in the pallets with bags.

I'm not 100% sure about Raw Flax, as that would probably be heavier than fibers, no?

Anyway, feel free to send me the patch you have, or do a pull request on github, if you do that sort of thing?

Re: advanced components....I never thought of just piling computer parts on pallets...that strikes me as ...dangerous ;D

Canute

Re: advanced components....I never thought of just piling computer parts on pallets...that strikes me as ...dangerous
Yep, they arn't protect from outdoor issues. But didn't told your your crafter to wrap then into oilpaper ? :-)
But i can live with it, solong i have anything to store them.

GrumpyProgrammer

Quote from: LWM on February 16, 2020, 09:25:59 PM
Actually, I was planning to add the fleeces and raw cotton from Slight More Reaslistic Wool Production and ...whatever the cotton one is... to the hampers.  The ones from VGP would also go there, as well as in the pallets with bags.

Groovy! Glad to hear I wasn't barking up the wrong tree here.

I'm not 100% sure about Raw Flax, as that would probably be heavier than fibers, no?

Raw flax is really just bundles of straw, so I wouldn't think they would be appreciatively heavier or bulkier than cotton fibers. You get the strands from soaking them in water for a few hours and the strands are definitely like cotton fiber except longer (this processing step is not in VGP as far as I'm aware; it's assumed that the soaking happened between harvest and storage as going to a loom with raw flax produces cloth). However, if you think so, I can remove them from the list.

Anyway, feel free to send me the patch you have, or do a pull request on github, if you do that sort of thing?

I don't actually have a github account, so I don't think I can do a pull request. The patch is tiny, though (only 24 lines), so I could easily send the file through PM here if that's more convenient?

LWM

Yeah, okay, flax works too.

Sure, PM here is great.

Canute

Hi LVM,
i just found an oddity.
I use the Dragonian Race mod, and these race can wear only special race appareal.
Normaly i can't let a dragonian wear a duster at example, but when the duster is stored in a clothing rack i can let the dragonian let force wear these.
I don't think they would wear them by clothing policy themself, because it is enabled and they never did it.
So it is just about the force option.

LWM

I assume you're using the right-click logic?  That's an odd one...

And you cannot force them to wear clothes if it's lying on the ground?  Or in a vanilla shelf?

Canute

Clothing Rack !
And i can't force equipe it from the ground.
And it is only one tile of the rack it works.