[1.0,1.1] Deep Storage (functional)

Started by LWM, January 06, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixdd

Everything seems to be working but one thing that I noticed is that stockpile priorities don't seem to be working properly. As an example, I have a pallet that is set to only allow cotton and has Critical priority, there is also a stockpile next to the pallet. Rather than new cotton going to the pallet it is being dumped in the stockpile. I'm also having a similar problem with Skips, everything that is assigned to a skip instead goes to the stockpile. If I use the Haul Urgently tool, from Allow Tool mod, on the things in the stockpile then pawns will take things to the proper place, the pallets and skips.

Hope this info helps, loving the mod :D

Canute

I think it is a similar problem you get with Extended Storage.
Do you just got one skip/pallet with this material allowed ?
Watch it, does any other pawn maybe allready hauling to it, maybe later on a longer way, so it got blocked by them ?
Haul urgend use different methode and don't get resticted.

LWM

Good point, Canute - those are certainly possibilities.  If a pawn has reserved a cell on the map, no one else can use it.  Another possibility is that the "Haulable" list hasn't updated yet and so hasn't figured out there's a "critical" stockpile it can take things to - I find forbidding and then allowing items forces it to refresh.  A third possibility ...animals cannot use Deep Storage, but they can drag to stockpiles.  I might have neglected to mention that anywhere >^.^<

--LWM

PS  (If someone has robots, I think they can use Deep Storage?)

Sixdd

I think the problem was that the bulk of my haulers were raccoons, I'm now at a point where I have hauler bots and they do seem to be able to take things straight to deep storage's.

LWM

Quote from: Sixdd on January 29, 2019, 07:39:56 PM
I think the problem was that the bulk of my haulers were raccoons

o.O

Sixdd

What... you mean you've never raised an army of racoons to do your bidding?

Canute

Racoon's never, they look like bandit's and you trust them for your hauling ? :-)
Maybe you should try the Minions !

Sixdd

@LWM The meat rack works great, is the fabric hamper in the works? I ask because I noticed the textures are there for it. I added it in myself but the texture is all wonky and like "squished" or something. Can't wait for future updates! How is the cold going btw?

EDIT: I just noticed that if you have a DSU on a power conduit it shows the conduit in the contents view of that storage. Is the conduit going to be counted as a stack in the storage or is it just a visual thing?

EDIT AGAIN: Just noticed that the "Big Shelf" doesn't have the Contents tab.

Another Edit:  So I've filled a clothing rack with clothes and now my colonists are trying to deliver more clothes to it but they instead drop the new stuff on the floor in front of the rack, there are other clothing racks directly next to the one they are trying to deliver to, with identical settings, but they don't deliver anything there.

LWM

QuoteCan't wait for future updates! How is the cold going btw?

The cold is doing great.  I am not feeling so terrific >_<  :-\

Quote from: Sixdd on January 30, 2019, 11:28:25 PM
@LWM The meat rack works great, is the fabric hamper in the works?

The fabric hamper was something I never used much, but if there's interest, it can probably go in!

QuoteEDIT: I just noticed that if you have a DSU on a power conduit it shows the conduit in the contents view of that storage. Is the conduit going to be counted as a stack in the storage or is it just a visual thing?
Heh.  I forgot about conduits!  But things like Area Rugs will also show up.  This is fixed in the development version on my laptop; expect a push to github and steam ...Sunday, probably.  (You don't want the rest of my testing stuff, trust me ;) )

QuoteEDIT AGAIN: Just noticed that the "Big Shelf" doesn't have the Contents tab.
Oops.  That's because the Big Shelf isn't actually a "Deep Storage Unit"  ::)  It was for testing and then I liked it so I kept it.  I'll go ahead and update its XML!  Thanks!

QuoteAnother Edit:  So I've filled a clothing rack with clothes and now my colonists are trying to deliver more clothes to it but they instead drop the new stuff on the floor in front of the rack, there are other clothing racks directly next to the one they are trying to deliver to, with identical settings, but they don't deliver anything there.

...well, crap, that's strange.  No errors being thrown, I suppose?

...that's very strange.

Does the "load into deep storage" little yellow bar start loading at all?  Or do they drop the clothes as soon as they get to the clothing rack?  ...is it FULL?  And can you force them to haul to another rack by making that one lower priority?  Don't lose that save ;)

Sixdd

I've found a workaround for the clothing rack issue for now, just use multiple racks with decreasing priorities, they still deliver to the ground but if you have a stockpile surrounding the clothing racks it will get flagged to be hauled to the rack eventually. This behavior is also present for the other storages, I just didn't notice before. So aside from that oddity and animal/robots not hauling directly to the DSUs it seems like it's working pretty well.

The odd thing about the robots in that the ones from Misc Craftable Robots (I think that's the name) work fine but the ones from Misc Robots++ will only haul to standard stockpiles, which makes no sense because they both rely on the same mod for their funtionality. Also I noticed that an android from the Android Tiers mod also showed up in the contents tab of a clothing rack when he walked over it, not sure what sort of filtering that requires but it's pretty odd behavior I think.

I'll keep testing things out, with over 200 mods in my normal list I'm bound to find more oddities :D

LWM

Quote from: Sixdd on February 02, 2019, 05:05:06 AM
The odd thing about the robots in that the ones from Misc Craftable Robots (I think that's the name) work fine but the ones from Misc Robots++ will only haul to standard stockpiles
I made the hauling criteria either "not animal-like" or "is humanlike" - I forget which.  So different XML definitions might make things behave differently.  Exactly what qualifies is something I was thinking of making an option.  (Hey, maybe little racoon paws CAN manipulate drawers, shelves, winches, whatever)

QuoteI noticed that an android from the Android Tiers mod also showed up in the contents tab of a clothing rack when he walked over it, not sure what sort of filtering that requires but it's pretty odd behavior I think.

Sumghai made the contents tab check "all things here that are not the deep storage unit itself" (pretty reasonable).  I have the benefit of having hit my head against worked thru the hauling code, and so am aware of a better alternative: "EverHaulable" ^.^  Clearly, I should have labelled it "what's here" instead of "contents."  ...let me know if I missed anything ;)

QuoteI'll keep testing things out, with over 200 mods in my normal list I'm bound to find more oddities :D
Hehehe.  I look forward to it.

Oh hey, I couldn't sleep with my cough last night, so I can go ahead and push something out.  The downside is that I couldn't sleep, so player beware!  --LWM

LWM

Okay, update out - storage units will only report that they contain the items they actually contain!

Still no ideas what might be going on with your clothing racks.

Planning to update items to limit by mass/bulk.  So a weapons locker could hold a few rifles, but a bunch of pistols.

--LWM

Sixdd

I'll try out the update tonight. Is there a possibility to keep the "stack-based" storage as an option? Personally I don't like the mass determining the storage amount as it makes for "non-pretty" stacks and potentially unpredictable behavior as you then have to dig into the info of how much mass something has to determine how many a shelf can hold. If it isn't possible to have both I understand, just a request.

As far as the odd storing behavior I think it is just with "animal" type pawns. As far as I can recall Misc Robots and it's derivative mods treat the robots as if they are an animal so it'd be good if animals can haul to DSUs too. Plus it's great having an army of small rodents be able to deliver things from all over the map without bothering your colonists with it. I like doing the lone survivor style of playthrough so it works great for that :D

Hope you start feeling better, I've always tried tea with honey for sore throats and coughs, might give that a try.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the Big Shelf stores anything right? If so it would be a good replacement for the fabric hamper, so no need for that really unless someone wants it for the style/looks.

Edit2: So I looked into the xml and saw that only the weapon locker uses mass so ignore my previous comment, I just thought that you'd be changing everything to use mass instead of stacks but this looks good. I also like that you can have a minimum number of stacks allowed so you can always store at least two things, that makes sense to me since you wouldn't build a rack for just one item.

LWM

Yep.  If it's "humanlike," it can manipulate Deep Storage.

...it sounds like you're definitely in favour of a few options for the mod ;)

As for the mass, I was considering adding it to the skip (and totally things in the Contents tab - 500 granite blocks, 1000kg, etc), and it will certainly feature in the clothing rack and armor racks - it's a handy way to separate bulky items out and make, say, two parkas take up as much space as three jackets, or some such.  I'm hoping it won't be intrusive enough to cause any problems, tho, and the benefits of Deep Storage should still outweigh any minuses.

--LWM

Canute

QuoteYep.  If it's "humanlike," it can manipulate Deep Storage.
So Alien races which arn't humanlike can't use them ?