[1.0,1.1] Deep Storage (functional)

Started by LWM, January 06, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Nice to see two options for storage, between this and extended storage extended

LWM

Update!  Now compatible with Avil's Common Sense and Mehni's Pick Up and Haul.

Also fixed some bugs - players will see slightly less free bonus storage, and cleaned up some edge scenarios.

Next up: checking for another free storage bug and... other player requests!

LWM

deredere

Slightly less, eh? My resourcesraw pallets just went from 4 stacks per cel to 2.

I want my money bac-

oh wait

Seriously tho is there a way to get back 4 stacks per cel? 2 seems a little underwhelming when I'm trying to keep my stockpile zones down to mitigate lag. I've got a pretty good rig but I'm up over 70 colonists in 2 colonies now and making 300 shelves seems like a bad idea as I'm given to understand pawns checking stockpiles is a major source of load.

LWM

Um.  It should definitely be more than 2 stacks.  I shaved off a bug where you could end up with an extra partially-filled stack sitting in storage...but you can still get more than 2 stacks in everything but the "big shelves."

If you restrict all your haulers except one, can you get that one to haul more things to the pallet in question?

--LWM

deredere

Quote from: LWM on May 19, 2019, 01:04:17 PM
Um.  It should definitely be more than 2 stacks.  I shaved off a bug where you could end up with an extra partially-filled stack sitting in storage...but you can still get more than 2 stacks in everything but the "big shelves."

If you restrict all your haulers except one, can you get that one to haul more things to the pallet in question?

--LWM

I restricted a very large number of haul animals outside the area with the pallet and the stuff that should be on it, and took all colonists except one off hauling, and she didn't seem interested in moving anything via right click, no.

I should probably note I'm using an increased stack size mod, so if mass figures into it that would explain a lot. I had 20000 stone blocks on this thing, now it's 10000, in 4 stacks of 2500.

AileTheAlien

Quote from: LWM on January 06, 2019, 06:22:47 PMSkips - Are you American?  Did you know "Dumpster" is a registered TM?
[https://trademarks.justia.com/search?q=dumpster]All relevant trademarks have actually[/url] been expired or cancelled for a while, probably because it's been in use colloquially for a long time as a genericized trademark, and it's a large hassle to fight people over those. Even without that, you're giving this mod away for free, and it's not a controversial / defamatory / etc creation, so it's unlikely you'd be sued by anyone anyways.

LWM

...Dumpster is a Trademark...
Quote from: AileTheAlien on May 20, 2019, 10:46:43 AMit's unlikely you'd be sued by anyone anyways.

Heh.  If you read thru my XML, you'll discover I included amusing fun facts in there, too!  I was delighted to discover this tidbit of trivia and wanted to share.  I'm probably the least likely mod author to ever get sued, given how much attention I pay to copyright law...  Also, "skip" is a term that could be used anywhere in the world, whereas Dumpster is only in use in the US.

What in the US is "dumpster diving" is "skipping" in Britain.  The more you know!

--LWM

AileTheAlien

Quote from: LWM on May 20, 2019, 09:27:53 PM"skip" is a term that could be used anywhere in the world
Nobody in North America calls them skips. ;)

LWM

On the contrary!  At least one person does!  Now, anyway ;D 8) ::)

--P
(P as in "person"  ;) )

LWM

Quote from: deredere on May 19, 2019, 03:33:09 PM
Quote from: LWM on May 19, 2019, 01:04:17 PM

--LWM

I restricted a very large number of haul animals outside the area with the pallet and the stuff that should be on it, and took all colonists except one off hauling, and she didn't seem interested in moving anything via right click, no.

I should probably note I'm using an increased stack size mod, so if mass figures into it that would explain a lot. I had 20000 stone blocks on this thing, now it's 10000, in 4 stacks of 2500.

Okay, that shouldn't matter for almost any of the units.

If you have a save game of the thing, try with the newest version I just pushed out, and see if you can get anyone to haul to it.  If not, it's probably worth taking the conversation to GitHub and getting me a copy of the HugsLib logs.

--LWM

Retry_02Hide

Hello LWM, got some little problem about the weapon locker in your mod. I am using CE guns with you deep storage, but my pawns just refuse to put anti-material rifles(like ptrs-41 from ce guns, AW50 from rimmu-nation etc) into weapon lockers, they put them in stockpile instead, even though I allow all weapons and these guns are in the list, the priority is set to important as well.

LWM

Quote from: Retry_02Hide on June 29, 2019, 11:40:19 PM
I am using CE guns...
my pawns just refuse to put anti-material rifles(like ptrs-41 from ce guns, AW50 from rimmu-nation etc) into weapon lockers

If they NEVER get put in (for example, if they are the only thing allowed in the list, and you let the game run for a few minutes to make sure the hauling engine checks everything, and you cannot get a pawn to right-click Haul the item), then it's possible it's because they weapons are too big to fit.

The Weapons Locker has, as I recall, 16 Bulk if using Combat Extended, or 10 kg is not.  What is the mass of the item you're using?

Side question: is CE guns a separate mod that uses part of the CE engine?

--LWM

Retry_02Hide

Quote from: LWM on June 30, 2019, 04:57:53 PM
Quote from: Retry_02Hide on June 29, 2019, 11:40:19 PM
I am using CE guns...
my pawns just refuse to put anti-material rifles(like ptrs-41 from ce guns, AW50 from rimmu-nation etc) into weapon lockers

If they NEVER get put in (for example, if they are the only thing allowed in the list, and you let the game run for a few minutes to make sure the hauling engine checks everything, and you cannot get a pawn to right-click Haul the item), then it's possible it's because they weapons are too big to fit.

The Weapons Locker has, as I recall, 16 Bulk if using Combat Extended, or 10 kg is not.  What is the mass of the item you're using?

Side question: is CE guns a separate mod that uses part of the CE engine?

--LWM
Oh, so there's a mass and bulk restriction to weapon lockers? That might explain why they didn't put them in, most of AMRs are over 10kgs.
As for CE guns, it is a seperate mod made by CE's creator, to give players better experience in CE, so it should fit into CE mechanics very well.

LWM

Yessssss, there is.  So, um, here:

Update:  Stats for Deep Storage Units now show storage capacity (that's the "i" icon you can click on).  Now you can see what fits!

Update:  You can now (if you realllly want to ;p ) turn off the delay for storing in Deep Storage.  Or if you want to make it shorter, you can do that.  Upcoming Update: shorter storage times for some units, when there are only one type of thing in it, or when there are fewer items in it.

Update:  Switching to RimWorld's default Mod Options system, away from HugsLib.  If you don't play your game for the next few months and use an army of bioengineered raccoons to haul to Deep Storage, you'll have to set the option again.

Compatibility Added:  RimOfMadness - Bones, Survival Tools, RimCuisine
(thanks DrZhivago)

Some bugs fixed.  Pawns probably won't dump extra stuff in Deep Storage.  Probably.

-LWM

Razzoriel

Hello, sir, I'm interested in merging your mod with mine, Outer Galaxies https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27162.0

Do you mind if I use the textures and assemblies? I'll give you credit as the guy behind the structure to store items in the same building, as this is exactly what i need for my mod that adds hundreds of guns. Thank you in advance.