[1.0,1.1] Deep Storage (functional)

Started by LWM, January 06, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixdd

I could be wrong but I think in rimworld terms "humanlike" just refers to the body type definition, so anything that uses the same body type should be compatible. Though I'll preach the virtues of Raccoon hauling armies for the rest of my days ;)

Canute

I just was wondering why your Racoon's can't haul to the DSU while the some robot's can and other don't.
Didn't test the Minion's with them, but since they are basicly animal's i think they can't haul to them too.
And so far i remember a few alien race's don't refer on a humanlike body type. Elder Things maybe.

LWM

Quote from: Canute on February 03, 2019, 12:31:15 PM
QuoteYep.  If it's "humanlike," it can manipulate Deep Storage.
So Alien races which arn't humanlike can't use them ?

Correct.  I strongly suspect all Alien races are "humanlike."

Quote from: Sixdd on February 03, 2019, 02:10:20 PM
I could be wrong but I think in rimworld terms "humanlike" just refers to the body type definition

Actually, it's probably more "is capable of doing human-like things" - the actual check is for RaceProps.Humanlike.  Checking the code, it's actually "return this.intelligence >= Intelligence.Humanlike;"

Hmmm.  Maybe I should change it to "ToolUser" instead of "Humanlike" - that's an option too!  Or maybe that whole option thing. ;)

--LWM

LWM

Quote from: Canute on February 03, 2019, 05:16:23 PM
Didn't test the Minion's with them, but since they are basicly animal's i think they can't haul to them too.
And so far i remember a few alien race's don't refer on a humanlike body type. Elder Things maybe.

Yeah, no, don't think Minions will be able to.  Elder Things, tho, are a humanlike race, so probably yes!

Maybe someday I'll add an option for whether a given race can carry to DSUs.

Sixdd

Maybe someday I'll add an option for whether a given race can carry to DSUs.

Or, and this is just a friendly nudge, maybe make it not limited at all? If animals can be trained to haul then I feel like they should be able to haul to a DSU also, otherwise there's no point in investing resources in fancy storage when your well trained haulers can't even use them. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, it's just that this is one of my new favorite mods and this one hangup is the only thing keeping me from using it in full playthroughs instead of Stack XXL. I feel quite strongly about this but if it is going against your creative vision for the mod then I'll drop the subject.

Canute

Personaly i agree with Sixdd.
You said something about pushing a button to move stuff into a DSU.
But from my engineer knowledge i know, a button isn't needed. You can have sensor's for that.

But i can live with that. And it wouldn't change anything at my playstyle.
I still would have 1-2 tradebeacon stockpile's and inside DSU's. The animal's would haul to the stockpile and a human would have 1-2 hours/day high priority to haul, and prolly he would mainly put the stuff from the stockpile into DSU's.

LWM

My gameflow is pretty close to what you describe Canute.  I figured to require some actual human intervention - seemed a better game to me.

But, for those who cannot wait for an option, https://github.com/lilwhitemouse/RimWorld-LWM.DeepStorage/releases/tag/0.01temp   Note that I make absolutely no promises, but the LWM.DeepStorage directory in the .zip file should give you the current version, with the "who can haul here?" check disabled (so everyone can haul).

HugsLib looks fairly easy to set up, so I hope to have a quick option or two out within the week, and then you can delete the local mod and switch back to the steam version (or other local mod) and it should be seamless.  I have to go set up a new computer for my parents so...not tonight ;)

--LWM

Sixdd

Yay! Thank you :D :D :D My mighty bionic raccoon haulers give many thanks too :D

Not even kidding, I just backed up that version in three places :)

LWM

Hehe.

You can thank me by sending me a screenshot of your bionic raccoon army hauling to storage?

--LWM

Canute

Bionic Racoon, hmm clone's of Rocket (Guardian of the Galaxy)?

LWM

Quote from: Sixdd on February 05, 2019, 05:44:27 PM
Yay! Thank you :D :D :D My mighty bionic raccoon haulers give many thanks too :D

Not even kidding, I just backed up that version in three places :)

Oh you of little faith!

New update: now requires HugsLib.

On the plus side, I don't have to keep track of the latest version of Harmony ever again.  Woot!  Oh, and there's now an option that allows animals to haul to Deep Storage >^.^<

--LWM

LWM

Just a heads-up: I'm considering mildly breaking weapons lockers now, to reduce the chance of their breaking unexpectedly later on (confusing defName).  If I do, I will try to minimize impact to your save games (e.g., you may have to rebuild your lockers, either by hand or by god-mode).  Sorry about that.

--LWM

Sixdd

Should I avoid using weapon lockers for the time being? Or will the items inside the lockers be fine?

LWM

Quote from: Sixdd on February 06, 2019, 02:19:25 PM
Should I avoid using weapon lockers for the time being? Or will the items inside the lockers be fine?

Put off adding any new ones for the next 15 minutes, while I push out an update.  And then do cleanup for any you already have.  Items inside will be fine!

--LWM

LWM

You should be good to go!  Again, sorry for the need to break lockers; shouldn't happen again.